What have you done to your Land Cruiser Today?

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
Got Maxxima LEDs installed on my '60.

It was not easy but I'm happy with the results. The amount of light and the quality of light they throw is incredible.

can you post night shots?
are these sealed lights or do they have the rubber booth on the rear...?

dcoy

Adventurer
I'm interested in putting LED headlights in my 40, so thanks for the review. Curious as to how you chose these particular lights, and if you looked at the J.W. Speaker or Trucklite lights since both of those seem popular. Also, how much do the Maxximas cost? Thanks!

Mario at Adventure Trailers found the Maxximas at a more reasonable cost than the Trucklites. Haven't heard of JW Speakers but Trucklite and Maxxima seem pretty comparable. They were @$400 for the pair. I did notice, after the fact, that some Trucklites were available online for a similar price. I assume that with the rapidly evolving market for LEDs that down the line the price will plummet, and I'll feel ripped off. Still, feeling like I was driving by candlelight was getting old.

dcoy

Adventurer
can you post night shots?
are these sealed lights or do they have the rubber booth on the rear...?

They're sealed (although I'm not sure what you mean by "rubber booth").

After I posted, I realized I should have done before/after night shots, but I will get some "after" ones when I get a chance. I'll have to monitor to make sure the lights are focused at the right level. On my brief drive nobody flashed me.

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
^^ yeah I meant rubber boot.. like the one shown below...
But you said the ones you are using are sealed...
I want to upgrade mine as well, but want a sealed unit....
Looks like the Maxima's are the ticket..

H6024_5.jpg

dcoy

Adventurer
^^ yeah I meant rubber boot.. like the one shown below...
But you said the ones you are using are sealed...
I want to upgrade mine as well, but want a sealed unit....
Looks like the Maxima's are the ticket..

Oh yes. No boot and the LED elements are permanently embedded in the light, as opposed to a bulb insert like you show there. Working for the next couple nights but I'll post a night time pic in a few days.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
heading to Tasmania mate...just sorted out a relative to move in and look after the house whilst we are gone, so now it's just a matter of counting the days till departure date :cool:

You're going to take a LOT of pics right? (And post them !)

Rumpig

Adventurer
You're going to take a LOT of pics right? (And post them !)
that's the plan, but don't expect anything before about February next year. I don't do running trip reports as i like to just go away and enjoy my holidays, so when i return at the end of January i'll start doing a report up. Not looking forward to doing the report though, i know how long my last 5 week trip report took me to do, and this trip is going to be a touch over 6 weeks long this time. Always feels good when you finish the report off though, something to go back and look at down the track or even just something for the kids to see in the future, i doubt they'll remember the details of the trips they've been on when they are older.

T-Rey1

Adventurer
Had my 200 about 3 months now. I have added a extra fuse block and a rear drawer system. This week I am putting in a solar panel and inverter in the back also. Here are some pics. Not allot of time to work on it since little daylight and no time off of work.
20141019_175608.jpg

20141021_204104.jpg

20141022_175652.jpg

20141124_170422.jpg

20141124_194206.jpg

20141124_194834.jpg

20141124_202433.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles