What have you done to your Land Cruiser Today?

Sempertoy

Explorer
Rewired my winch cover lighting with waterproof LED strips and also wired up a pair of 9" HID flood lights :)

newbumperlightsrewire1.jpg

newbumperlightsrewire2.jpg

newbumperlightsrewire3.jpg

newbumperlightsrewire4.jpg

newbumperlightsrewire5.jpg

newbumperlightsrewire6.jpg

newbumperlightsrewire7.jpg

newbumperlightsrewire8.jpg

newbumperlightsrewire9.jpg

newbumperlightsrewire10.jpg

newbumperlightsrewire11.jpg

Damn things are bright as hell and I've got 5 more going on the roof :Wow1:

Doesn't that make you nervous covering that much real estate in front of the radiator? These are already hard to cool.

98 SNAKE EATER

Adventurer
Doesn't that make you nervous covering that much real estate in front of the radiator? These are already hard to cool.

I've been running these lights for weeks now in the high 90's without issue :)

One thing I've learned years ago by using a makeshift bug screen out of fence screen (big mistake) is that the A/C will quit long before the engine overheats due to lack of air :eek:

fzjwiringdone16.JPG

No issues with the A/C and the temps pretty much stay between 194-197*

Highest I've ever seen was 203* at low idle, but I tend to use the throttle cable for high idle (~1200rpm's) during extended periods and that always brings it down to 197* or lower.

hairy_apple

Adventurer
Got it back on it's wheels after a month of being on jack stands getting new rear brakes... what was going to be a weekend project turned into a month. Got it all ready to go.. and the freakin' proportioning valve isn't working! Went to bleed the brakes so we could start turning the rear disks.. and NOTHING from the rear. Had fluid to the valve.. but not past. I was so mad. Tomorrow I guess I'll go return it and see if I can get another one. Hopefully tomorrow my cruiser will be on the road again.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Got rid of the gold sombrero. Painted it textured black with a matte clear coat and placed black reflective tape behind it.
20140726_200825.jpg
20140726_200808.jpg

Last edited:

RiverCityDave

красный октябрь
Unfortunately I did nothing to mine except missit, it's still in the shop in Houston. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sempertoy

Explorer
I figured out where my battery drain was coming from. The front passenger door was not contacting the light switch all the way so when I closed the doors the interior door lights stayed on.

I am also on the wait list for a BIOR tube bumper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles