What have you done to your Land Cruiser Today?

Thebus

Observer
New birfs, axles, ujoints ,kuckle rebuild parts, swaybar links, trans flush...wow i think the new Ujoints made this truck feel like a new truck!

Blackwater

Im getting old! :(
New Doug Thorley Cat-Back installed yesterday on my LC100.. :beer:

6_zpsbd6ad021.jpg

4_zpsacc531b8.jpg

2_zpsf66d91e1.jpg

More info/pics seen here: http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/doug-thorley-users.818068/

Blackwater

Im getting old! :(
How was the install? fit tight? You have the Slee skids? Any interference?

Kurt the install was fairly painless.. The hardest and most time consuming portion was removing the factory cat-back after around 160k miles.. =]

The new system went on great, all the pipes and new 10 grade hardware was supplied. The only thing needed is two new Toyota OE gaskets for the mids to catback juncture. The DT instructions stated to reuse.. =/

I do not have all the Slee skids (yet). To my understanding regarding aftermarket for our hundreds its either this DT, Borla, or back to OE Yota. The borla was more expensive, had a much less desirable exit point and I don't believe works with the Slee skids, and I wasnt forking over the $ for OE. The DT is "supposed" to work with full Slee skids but can't comment on actual experience as far as that one goes.

I have one clamp where the front drivers portion meets the front of the muffler where there is a small exhaust leak. I need to try another clamp or have it welded. Not the end of the world but not ideal.

Otherwise she fit great, sounds great, (although she at times is a touch loud for my liking) and I absolutely love love the high clearance rear exit. Absolutely perfect of that account.

Only time will tell, but I'm very pleased for the sub 5 bills shipped.. The old girl definitely gained a little "pick me up" with the larger diameter pipe.

Wallygator

Adventurer
Started the Desmog project on the 62 today. Got it all tore down and put back together, with the exception of plugging the 4 air injector holes (waiting for the thread seal to arrive)

Should have it buttoned up tomorrow late. I guess we will see how it turns out. I took the valve cover off and don't have an extra gasket. The original didn't tear so I'm hoping it works out...

Next is the drop the tranny and transfer case fluid and replace it with Redline.
Do you have a write up on this? Did it make any difference? Thanks.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Kurt the install was fairly painless.. The hardest and most time consuming portion was removing the factory cat-back after around 160k miles.. =]

The new system went on great, all the pipes and new 10 grade hardware was supplied. The only thing needed is two new Toyota OE gaskets for the mids to catback juncture. The DT instructions stated to reuse.. =/

I do not have all the Slee skids (yet). To my understanding regarding aftermarket for our hundreds its either this DT, Borla, or back to OE Yota. The borla was more expensive, had a much less desirable exit point and I don't believe works with the Slee skids, and I wasnt forking over the $ for OE. The DT is "supposed" to work with full Slee skids but can't comment on actual experience as far as that one goes.

I have one clamp where the front drivers portion meets the front of the muffler where there is a small exhaust leak. I need to try another clamp or have it welded. Not the end of the world but not ideal.

Otherwise she fit great, sounds great, (although she at times is a touch loud for my liking) and I absolutely love love the high clearance rear exit. Absolutely perfect of that account.

Only time will tell, but I'm very pleased for the sub 5 bills shipped.. The old girl definitely gained a little "pick me up" with the larger diameter pipe.

Thanks for the update :cool:

Rumpig

Adventurer
just changed both diffs oil and transfer and gearbox oils also, fixed air leak in front air locker line, blew out all the oil from front and back air locker lines, handbrake adjusted so it works again, and all wheel bearings checked and repacked ready for an upcoming 6 week touring trip to that foreign country at the bottom of Australia called Tasmania. Just need to install my new to me (secondhand but good as new) PWR radiator, rebuild the Warn winch, change engine oil and fuel, air and oil filters...and i'll be ready to hit the frog and toad.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
New birfs, axles, ujoints ,kuckle rebuild parts, swaybar links, trans flush...wow i think the new Ujoints made this truck feel like a new truck!

Were the sway bar links stock length? I just put some new ones on too. What a difference!! I havent been able to find a set of extended length links.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
20141025_092023.jpgTook her on a little road trip to the 2014 Appalachain Rendzevous.... Saw some other sweet Cruisers there, too!

Also installed wheel spacers and Slee Group 31 battery tray. ....now I just have to move the solar charge controller so I can fit the battery in there.....

Last edited:

landsharkman

Adventurer
detailed, added ARB diff and trans breather kit

ARBbreathers_zpsd2128634.jpg

added IBS dual battery setup with dedicated line to fridge

DualBatteriessm_zps943b45c8.jpg

and Slee skid plates and welded the sliders to the frame
Bellyplates_zps65f0d72e.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members