what happened to Sierra4x4 trailer tread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManleyORV

Rugged. Reliable. Ready.
That's the smartest thing I've seen this guy do. I hope that people see the value of his product and some extra profit goes toward the backlog. At least a guy would be able to look back and say, yeah it took some time, but I got a better deal at the old price.

Agree completely.

Rubiconcruiser

Rubiconcruiser
Sierra 4x4 is still alive, barley but absolutely swamped or so they say, not defending them, just saying. They have moved shop locations Hang tuff if you dare, they will be back. I think LOL

Kingnailer

OMG! So thankful I found this thread. I was about to place a order soon. I would never purchase anything from Sierra 4x4 EVER!!!!
I don't care if Chris does catch up. I'm disgusted seeing his post bringing his family into business deals as a excuse. Unbelievable

bobDog

Expedition Leader
OMG! So thankful I found this thread. I was about to place a order soon. I would never purchase anything from Sierra 4x4 EVER!!!!
I don't care if Chris does catch up. I'm disgusted seeing his post bringing his family into business deals as a excuse. Unbelievable

Imagine being one of the trusting souls who paid up front w/o a credit card expecting their trailer in due time. Lots of time to packing and get ready to show off to buddies then off to a fantastic summer all the while talking up Serria.
Sorry. Guys it still looks sounds, feels and)) smells like some kinda special
Spending problem

Get your trailer while you still can.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Just an FYI to those from across state lines who have given the shop money through the postal service via a bank check or money order and have it all in writing, IF Chris does indeed fail to come through he has committed a federal crime. I hope it doesn't end that way but all should be aware. One of the most basic principles of running a business is to ALWAYS under promise and over deliver, even if it means taking fewer orders to get things done.

loren85022

Explorer
Sierra 4x4 is still alive, barley but absolutely swamped or so they say, not defending them, just saying. They have moved shop locations Hang tuff if you dare, they will be back. I think LOL

....moved the shop? I suppose we could ask the prior landlord to comment. It is obvious the dude is in between a rock and a hard spot. But when youre posting weekend trips on facebook that include (ie promoting) a trailer, I say this is all balanced reporting. And raising prices is smart for the future clients. A frontpage that says "Not Accepting New Orders Until I Get My ******** in Order" would likely get all the current customers a tad happier.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Offering money back to buyers that are not interested in waiting would be a positive step forward IMO. It would give current buyers and prospective buyers confidence the problem is manufacturing not money. Sadly the writing on the wall points to the later.

Johnainny

Observer
WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY MOVED!! I made arraingements with a shipping company to pick up the trailer on Thursday between 12-3 and spoke with Chris to verify that he would be there. He never told me that he has moved the shop. I gave the shipping company the address that is on his web site for the driver to pick up the trailer.

BroncoHauler

Adventurer
WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY MOVED!! I made arraingements with a shipping company to pick up the trailer on Thursday between 12-3 and spoke with Chris to verify that he would be there. He never told me that he has moved the shop. I gave the shipping company the address that is on his web site for the driver to pick up the trailer.

When I stopped by Sierra4x4 in May of this year and talked to Chris, he mentioned that there was another building (on the same street) that he was looking at (I think his existing lease was about to be up). Don't know if this is what happened or not, or if they've even moved.

Herb

jckid

I only have a couple of things to add after reading this thread:

1. I picked up my trailer from Chris on August 8, and I don't think he moved since then. There were no signs of moving that I could see, and no mention of it.

2. To the guy that was looking for a Hannibal distributor...Chris told me he was selling that part of the business to focus on building trailers. That was a couple of months back.

3. To the people suggesting that his wife should help...I know that she is helping him, because she was there when I picked up my trailer. She took care of the DMV paperwork on my trailer, cut and installed the floor liner, cut and installed the traction tape on the nerf bars, answered the phone when it rang, etc.

Other than that, I hope that those of you waiting get your trailers soon, because they are really nice and I know you will enjoy it. Also, I hope that Chris is able to get caught up and continues building trailers for many years to come. If he can get past these growing pains, keep up with demand, and improve customer service, he should be able to make a killing since the product is first class.

Kingnailer

Johnainny Did your trailer ship today? Ever get the pics?

cowboy4x4

Explorer
I live in so cal for now, I build, design, fab trailers,but I now have no shop as where I live they have clamped down on what I ca do here. So basically I'm unemployed. I would consider moving up to where Sierra trailer is and work for him (for pay).

bobDog

Expedition Leader
I live in so cal for now, I build, design, fab trailers,but I now have no shop as where I live they have clamped down on what I ca do here. So basically I'm unemployed. I would consider moving up to where Sierra trailer is and work for him (for pay).

Might be one of the deals where you could get paid in cash daily for a trial period:D. Just in case.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Johnainny

Observer
I spoke with chris today and he had the trailer on a pallet and was waiting for the truck to come. Then he send me an email and told me that tbe truck was there. He .ever told me if the trailer actually left the shop. He was supposd to have the trailer on a pallet ready to go. But the pics tnat he had sent me showed tbat the trailer had no wheels on it. He told me that he could not get the trailer with the wheels on the pallet so he had to put them inside of the trailer. He also sent me pics of the trailer. It looks great I can wait to get if it looks as good in person as it does in the pics this will all be worth it.

ManleyORV

Rugged. Reliable. Ready.
I spoke with chris today and he had the trailer on a pallet and was waiting for the truck to come. Then he send me an email and told me that tbe truck was there. He .ever told me if the trailer actually left the shop. He was supposd to have the trailer on a pallet ready to go. But the pics tnat he had sent me showed tbat the trailer had no wheels on it. He told me that he could not get the trailer with the wheels on the pallet so he had to put them inside of the trailer. He also sent me pics of the trailer. It looks great I can wait to get if it looks as good in person as it does in the pics this will all be worth it.

Good to hear its on the way John.

-Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior