What Half-Ton Truck & Why

D45

Explorer
So I am really digging the ram rebel and 17s, the ride is great

I crawled under the rental truck and it has coils front and back

I am not sure I'll be able to find a Rebel in my price range

What other Ram model trucks have coils front and rear?

hodgexj1996

So I am really digging the ram rebel and 17s, the ride is great

I crawled under the rental truck and it has coils front and back

I am not sure I'll be able to find a Rebel in my price range

What other Ram model trucks have coils front and rear?
Unless they have the optioned air ride, which is usually in the higher trims, they all come with coils front and rear.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

hodgexj1996

All Ram 1500 trucks have coils? Not just specifically Rebel trucks
Yep. Majority come with 5 link rear with coils and coilover front. Air suspension was the upgraded option for higher trim levels.

I don't believe there's a "max tow" or higher payload option.

D45

Explorer
Good to know about the Ram suspension

Majority of the Rebel selling features just seem to be the badging and the interior coloring.......maybe some skid plates

I could get a used loaded Ram 1500, lift it 3" and have a cheaper truck than a rebel

hodgexj1996

Good to know about the Ram suspension

Majority of the Rebel selling features just seem to be the badging and the interior coloring.......maybe some skid plates

I could get a used loaded Ram 1500, lift it 3" and have a cheaper truck than a rebel
For sure. It's absolutely an appearance package, plus a few skids and bilstein 4600 shocks on some lucky models. Guess it all comes down to how you want the truck optioned out interior wise. There's only 1 trans, the 8spd, 3 gear sets 3.21, 3.55, 3.92, 2 suspensions, air or coil, and then all the trim packages.

You are pretty familiar with Ram packages, hell I remember back to the Cummins forum days before your big girl was all done up. There is a huge flood of used rams on the market. Just try and find 3.92 gears and the anti spin rear dif. You'll have all the hearing you could want for 35s even while towing.

jonathon

Are you sure on this? I know FCA had some debacle about that. But thought it was cleared up. Maybe not. Any sources you can share?

I believe Ford’s warranty is good to and from Canada.

I don’t know about Ford but FCA will not honor warranty on Canadian vehicles in the US. At least that was the case last year.

motoboss

Bad Influence
Oh, I understand that completely and it was a tradeoff I made knowingly. I think all the Lariat's I saw had leather seats which after 4 years with the Suburban, I decided I did NOT want.

Had I gone with the Ram 1500 I would have gotten the 4auto and heated cloth seats - but no rear locker. So there's always a tradeoff. I'm content with the choices I made.

And BTW I DID get the 36 gallon tank. That was one of my 'deal breakers'. No 36 gallon tank = no sale. My "must haves" were simple: 4wd, Ecoboost, 10 speed, E-locker, 36 gallon tank and heated seats. Built in trailer brake was a 'want but not a deal breaker' option, but mine came with it (also the trailer backup control which looks kind of neat but I haven't actually tried it out yet.)

I sometimes wish I had a console in the center instead of the folding bench seat but if I really want to I can swap the console in (there's a guy on the F-150 forum that did and it looks pretty clean.) I much prefer column shift to a console shifter though so I was glad to have a column shift.

Other quibble is on the backup camera. It's a little washed out. I don't know if I can increase the contrast or not (if there is a way to do that I haven't found it. Brightness, yes, but not contrast.)
It's pretty much why I specifically went with the XLT. It had everything I wanted except a 36 gal tank which would have been a nice plus, but not a necessity. I liked the Lariat but push button start, leather and blind spot monitor wasn't woth an extra 5k. My only limit with towing is the 3.3L motor everything else is the same as the upgraded models. Anything above the XLT besides motor options is just trim levels..........and money.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I found two nice Ram Rebel trucks that I am interested in

One is a Canadian truck and one is a New Foundland truck......both are in the US, any issues with them passing emissions or warranty related work?
One truck is from Newfoundland (got that) but which province is the other truck from?

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
The 36 gallon tank is great. Screen shot from my dashboard this morning. I always reset the trip meter every time I fill the tank:

fuel gauge.JPG

Half a tank, 317 miles driven, 344 miles to empty. This was with about 140 miles of freeway driving, the rest in city traffic. MPG is a bit lower in Winter because I often let the engine warm up for 3 - 5 minutes before driving on cold days (remote start is a great thing if you park outside!)

It still amazes me that a truck this size can get 18+ MPG in the city.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Obviously overly generalised...
Alberta would be OK, but I would be suspicious of anything used coming from Newfoundland. Thats a big block of salty stone facing a stormy Alantic ocean. Actually much of eastern Canada can be pretty corrosive.
Yep. Agreed. That pretty much what I was getting at. If the other vehicle is from the eastern provinces, I would probably avoid them.

rajacat

I got 19.1 MPG with my 2018 3.5 EB SCAB 4WD on a trip from Bozman MT to Seattle via Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Stanley Basin with my GFC in the bed. This was hand calculated. The trip included some city driving, open highway @80 MPH, high altitude mountain passes and a little 4WD.

stone150

I have a 2018 GMC Sierra W/6.2L engine. I love it and other than a Power wagon or Raptor, there isn't much else I'd consider (for full size truck). That said, unless you love the looks way better than the Chevy version (which I did), the aftermarket support isn't great, especially if looking for front bumpers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles