what doi you use for Gen 2.5 Tranny OIL

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Probably made by Nippon Oil Company (also Mitsubishi oil company)

Toasty

Search still works. ;)

Doing an AT service Driggypoo?

Guess i'll add to this thread again, I'm currently running Toyota T-IV because my local Mitsu dealer closed it's doors. It's more red than Diamond SP but it's also the spec for the Toyota A340 aka 30-40LE aka V4AW3.

DR1665

Gearheads United
Doing an AT service Driggypoo?

Guess i'll add to this thread again, I'm currently running Toyota T-IV because my local Mitsu dealer closed it's doors. It's more red than Diamond SP but it's also the spec for the Toyota A340 aka 30-40LE aka V4AW3.

Kinda. Trans pan is leaking. Getting a new filter and gasket with a timing belt job. Mechanic says all the "official" docs spec DexII. I wanted to confirm why I'm running SP-III before making that call.

Toasty

Kinda. Trans pan is leaking. Getting a new filter and gasket with a timing belt job. Mechanic says all the "official" docs spec DexII. I wanted to confirm why I'm running SP-III before making that call.

They do say that, I don't know that Dex-II even exists anymore in its original form. Now, i'm no fluid scientist but i have bought Monteros where the transmission was killed with improper fluid causing them to slip like crazy and blacken fluid (one killed by Mobile Synth ATF specifically). I've brought two of them back with fluid flushes, my understanding is the fluids are the same but with different friction modifiers. I buy what i buy because it's safe, not because i know.

Here's an OEM D-II equivalent, I'd trust this.

https://parts.toyota.com/p/Toyota-Automatic-Transmission-Fluid-DII/69278804/00718ATF00.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles