What do you use for deflating your tires?

Scoutn79

Adventurer
Over the years I progressed from a
1) A twig to depress the schrader to
2) The screw on type the come screwed togehter on a key ring , but I always was worried about getting sidetracked and having to air up some to get to the deired pressure. That never did happened. A friend of mine has been using his for more than 20 years and likes them just fine with no plans to replace them
3) ARB quick deflater that removes the core. Fairly quick and foolproof. I worried about the shraders wearing out from all of the (un)screwing but it's never been an issue.
4) Currently I am using a set-up that uses lock on chucks and links two tires together through a "T" with gage and ball valve for control. This method is quicker than the ARB quick deflater. It's the fastes air up and down method I have tried so far. The only issue is it is comparatively bulky.
I never really liked the Staun type. I've heard to many complaints about how finicky they are. Since I air down to different pressures depending on wht I am doing they aren't very practical.

Darrell

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Have you seen the tires they run? I dont think a pound or 2 will make a difference. They do it because the core restricts the speed when airing up.

straight-out-of-iceland--ford-f-350-fitted-with-54-inch-tires.jpg
Yeah that's running 54's but they normally just use and ARB because they only run 2.4 to 3.3psi and they have a normal Valve and also a Dump valve which lets the Air our really fast, and about 15 to 30 on the street

Here ya go,

https://www.arctictrucks-experience.com/deflating-inflating/

Here is a Video of the Dump Valves,

Last edited:

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Yeah that's running 54's but they normally just use and ARB because they only run 2.4 to 3.3psi and they have a normal Valve and also a Dump valve which lets the Air our really fast, and about 15 to 20 on the street

Here ya go,

https://www.arctictrucks-experience.com/deflating-inflating/

Here is a Video of the Dump Valves,

Im a dealer for Extreme Outback Products and they supply compressors and No Loss caps to them

67cj5

Man On a Mission
No sure where you are at but let me know if I can help, I ship worldwide.
I am an Aussie living in London,

thanks for the offer and I will keep you in mind, I just spent a small fortune on a bigger fridge now I got two and all these compressors and gauges and a whole heap of other stuff, I now have to buy a set of 5 standard MT's for normal use which are only 31"'s, I have ordered Diff locks and a lift Kit and a body lift and a roof rack and some other bits,

MattScott

Approved Vendor
I'll chime in here to selflessly promote a new tool we're importing .

Indeflate is an all-in-one unit that inflates and deflates two tires at once, rapidly, while balancing tire pressures between the two.

Made in South Africa, includes a few accessories (such as a hook to hang it and a quick adaptor for 3/8 NPT), really high-quality CNC machined dump valve body and an accurate gauge from one of the world's leading companies (Selago).

adventureimportsindeflate-10.jpg

https://adventure-imports.com/product/indeflate/

waveslider

Outdoorsman
Indeflate is an all-in-one unit that inflates and deflates two tires at once, rapidly, while balancing tire pressures between the two.

Made in South Africa, includes a few accessories (such as a hook to hang it and a quick adapter for 3/8 NPT), really high-quality CNC machined dump valve body and an accurate gauge from one of the world's leading companies (Selago).

Matt, I wanted to circle back and let you know that on the strength of your post above, I researched and bought an inDeflate kit and I'm really impressed. Solid, seemingly durable kit that suits my need for something that measures up to 100psi. The fact that it deflates/inflates 2 tires at once is actually a benefit I didn't know I needed until I got these monster military tires.

You know its good equipment when you shake your head and wish you had one years ago.....

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles