What do you use for a truck gun?

random

Observer
Y'all, I am a lover of guns all the way.

However, I have a lot different view on rioting. Unless you can provide true shock and awe with your weapon, IE belt fed-full auto or explosives, engaging rioters is a no win situation. The only safe approach is avoidance. Take the extra time to drive the long way around town. During the Richmond riots we stayed no less than 15 miles away from the city. I don't care how long it takes, it's not worth my life or anyone else's.

But while we're talking truck guns, a Savage model 24 is my idea of perfection.

Porkchopexpress

I have a Lock'er down gun safe in my center console. Like a console vault but a different brand.

There isn't much selection in firearms at gun shops right now but a Ruger Scout seems like a good truck gun if you can find one.

It's hard to make generalizations about gun defense but I definitely take it more seriously since we started seeing so much civil unrest.

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
I only carry one gun when I leave the house. It's the same gun I carry all year. I personally don't believe in a dedicated "truck gun" as that implies leaving a gun in the vehicle. When I go in a store, the gun is with me. Hiking a trail, the gun is with me. Leaving a gun in the vehicle is an open invitation to having it stolen. That is a thought I don't want to deal with.

GJK5

Y'all, I am a lover of guns all the way.

However, I have a lot different view on rioting. Unless you can provide true shock and awe with your weapon, IE belt fed-full auto or explosives, engaging rioters is a no win situation. The only safe approach is avoidance. Take the extra time to drive the long way around town. During the Richmond riots we stayed no less than 15 miles away from the city. I don't care how long it takes, it's not worth my life or anyone else's.

But while we're talking truck guns, a Savage model 24 is my idea of perfection.

Great truck gun for filling the larder for sure, I have one in 22mag/20ga.

Mostly though it's an AR in 5.56 or 9MM for me, as much as I like to eat the 4 legged and flying critters the two legged morons and dirtbags worry me more.

Gooseberry

Explorer
Let’s try a new idea. I have seen hand and long guns in up to 50 caliber that take air ?

I have a 45 that’s around 1000fpe with a 300 grain so I do carry an air tank to refill and a pump but just an idea.

Kelly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: WVI

Jupiter58

My uncle Mike worked crop-spraying in Imperial Valley CA decades ago and kept a beat up AR7 under the seat of his pickup. Every time my family passed thru to visit on the way to some new duty station, I'd get to shoot that hunk of crap in farm fields all over.

These days one can build a very decent basic AR-15 for QUOTE]

I still have an ar7 with the original box. Better than nothing I suppose.

The cool thing about the ar lowers are the multitude of uppers you can snap on there in a few seconds. 7.62x39, 450 bushmaster, 458 socom, 50 beo, 300 black out, etc etc etc. not limited to just a 22 cal anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tex68w

Beach Bum
This rides with every day.

3SIXRjd.jpg

mFkHsjC.jpg

And this tags along depending on where I am headed lol.

Uq89FDF.jpg

RWXwsPx.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles