What do you use for a truck gun?

quickfarms

Adventurer
60d8035bd262f696f12396f638e47e5f.jpg

This will make the Ruger PC a nice truck gun

robert

Expedition Leader
Ruger just came out with a pistol (Charger) version as well and it's already got a piece of rail on the back for a stock (SBR) or brace. Still supposedly a heavy bugger though.

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
Ruger just came out with a pistol (Charger) version as well and it's already got a piece of rail on the back for a stock (SBR) or brace. Still supposedly a heavy bugger though.

I got a standard PCC, I'd to know if I can retro fit the chargers rear stock onto it.

chet6.7

Explorer
I got a standard PCC, I'd to know if I can retro fit the chargers rear stock onto it.

Can I lawfully make a rifle into a pistol without registering that firearm?
No. A firearm that was originally a rifle would be classified as a “weapon made from a rifle” if it has either a barrel less than 16 inches in length or an overall length of less than 26 inches. If an individual wishes to make an NFA firearm, they must first submit ATF Form 1 (Application to Make and Register a Firearm), pay a $200.00 making tax, and receive approval of the application from ATF before converting the firearm.
[18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(3); 26 U.S.C. § 5845(a)(3)-(4)]

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
Can I lawfully make a rifle into a pistol without registering that firearm?
No. A firearm that was originally a rifle would be classified as a “weapon made from a rifle” if it has either a barrel less than 16 inches in length or an overall length of less than 26 inches. If an individual wishes to make an NFA firearm, they must first submit ATF Form 1 (Application to Make and Register a Firearm), pay a $200.00 making tax, and receive approval of the application from ATF before converting the firearm.
[18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(3); 26 U.S.C. § 5845(a)(3)-(4)]
Yea I'm quite aware of that. BUT if you read my post i want the rear stock /pistol grip and retain the original long barrel, meaning in CANADALAND its still a a rifle. Not an SBR or whatever your US Laws call it.

robert

Expedition Leader
Honestly, I don't know that much about the Ruger PCCs, only what I've read. I'd guess that the stock should fit since from what I've seen, the action, including the take down feature, has been retained from the original design. There are a couple of aftermarket stocks available although I'm not sure about folders yet. Converting a PCC to a side folder would definitely make for a handy little package. Ruger is making an, in my opinion, very ugly factory folder: https://www.ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/specSheets/19124.html

As for the US laws, yes, if the stock will fit and it retains it's 16" (or greater) barrel and 26" overall length then we in the US could use it. It would be no different than converting say, an AK or HK, to a side folder. Just to point out how retarded our laws are, you can go from a pistol to a rifle and back again, but you can't go rifle to pistol and back.

Last edited:

quickfarms

Adventurer
Honestly, I don't know that much about the Ruger PCCs, only what I've read. I'd guess that the stock should fit since from what I've seen, the action, including the take down feature, has been retained from the original design. There are a couple of aftermarket stocks available although I'm not sure about folders yet. Converting a PCC to a side folder would definitely make for a handy little package. Ruger is making an, in my opinion, very ugly factory folder: https://www.ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/specSheets/19124.html

As for the US laws, yes, if the stock will fit and it retains it's 16" (or greater) barrel and 26" overall length then we in the US could use it. It would be no different than converting say, an AK or HK, to a side folder. Just to point out how retarded our laws are, you can go from a pistol to a rifle and back again, but you can't go rifle to pistol and back.

I don’t think the ruger stock is actually a folder but Midwest industries does make a stock that can be set up as a side folder

robert

Expedition Leader
Looking at it again I think you're right (plus they don't mention it or show any pictures). It looks like it's clamped onto a rail section maybe? Is that a clamp on either side?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles