What do you use for a truck gun?

MTGunner

MTGunner
I came across an Anschutz model 17P bolt action pistol, 17HMR, some years back and had to have it. It has accounted for turkey, legal in fall season in MT, coyotes, rock chucks, multiple prairie dogs, badgers, red and gray foxes and more. Great little pistol that groups 17 grain projectiles at approx. .200” off the bench. It sports a 1.5x5 Leupold pistol scope. Trigger is set at approx. 2#. Great little rig that is very handy and impressively accurate. MTG

Reactions: WVI

GR8ADV

Explorer
Hard to believe but somehow I and the family have survived Alaska, the arctic, the Canadian wilderness, Mexico, central and South America and Chicago without ever needing a gun. We are lucky to be alive!!
I have of late started to carry a fishing pole.

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
Hard to believe but somehow I and the family have survived Alaska, the arctic, the Canadian wilderness, Mexico, central and South America and Chicago without ever needing a gun. We are lucky to be alive!!
I have of late started to carry a fishing pole.
Not really the point of this discussion now is it!
Firearm is just a tool, I've had fire extinguishers in every vehicle I've ever owned, never used one but it was there just in case!
So you don't feel the need to carry, well good for you... if snarky comments about not needing one makes you feel better then have at.
I like to have tools that are easy to carry and store and will continue to do so, just in case.

Matt.H

Adventurer
Nope, just recall conversations with my buddies in Safety & Survival (Flight Equipment) where they talked about how much theft of survival gear occurred. It’s real, it happens.

Lots of equipment. I can't see newly authorized firearms being that type of equipment. The old Henry .22, no longer needed, rifles I could see getting 'lost'.

GR8ADV

Explorer
Not really the point of this discussion now is it!
Firearm is just a tool, I've had fire extinguishers in every vehicle I've ever owned, never used one but it was there just in case!
So you don't feel the need to carry, well good for you... if snarky comments about not needing one makes you feel better then have at.
I like to have tools that are easy to carry and store and will continue to do so, just in case.
In every vehicle? Really? I have eight vehicles and only one extinguisher lol. Under equipped again. Damn it. How on earth did I make it this long!?

I am reminded once in a while from a fellow Alaskan that if I take a gun up there for protection I should file off the front sites. Apparently it hurts less when the bear shoves it up your ******.

Outside of sporting activities, a firearm is not ‘just a tool’. It is a weapon designed to harm or to threaten harm. In this country it is ones right to carry or not. Live and let live and do what ever you please within reason. I choose not to live in fear with the associated need to protect myself from said potential. Each to our own.

Travel often. Enjoy the world along the way. Sorry to crash the party.

GB_Willys_2014

In every vehicle? Really? I have eight vehicles and only one extinguisher lol. Under equipped again. Damn it. How on earth did I make it this long!?

I am reminded once in a while from a fellow Alaskan that if I take a gun up there for protection I should file off the front sites. Apparently it hurts less when the bear shoves it up your ******.

Outside of sporting activities, a firearm is not ‘just a tool’. It is a weapon designed to harm or to threaten harm. In this country it is ones right to carry or not. Live and let live and do what ever you please within reason. I choose not to live in fear with the associated need to protect myself from said potential. Each to our own.

Travel often. Enjoy the world along the way. Sorry to crash the party.
Then why post here?

Leave those who find this thread interesting for whatever reason ... as you say ... to their own.

GR8ADV

Explorer
Then why post here?

Leave those who find this thread interesting for whatever reason ... as you say ... to their own.
Yup I totally agree. Never should have weighed in. I was just amazed at what people were carrying in their rigs. Then (finally) I remembered that Guns, rigs, Moto’s, etc etc are just hobbies. And with hobbies we typically expand from the ‘necessary’ to the ‘cool’ the time; all in the enjoyment of the hobby. I am a poster child for that btw.

So my bad, let’s move along. Thanks for your understanding.

Matt.H

Adventurer
Outside of sporting activities, a firearm is not ‘just a tool’. It is a weapon designed to harm or to threaten harm with. In this country it is ones right to carry or not. Live and let live and do what ever you please within reason. I choose not to live in fear with the associated need to protect myself from said potential. Each to our own.

A firearm can neither harm or threaten. That would be the person using it. They are inanimate objects. Please stop applying anthropomorphic traits. It perpetuates 'gunz =bad'.

Matt

GR8ADV

Explorer
A firearm can neither harm or threaten. That would be the person using it. They are inanimate objects. Please stop applying anthropomorphic traits. It perpetuates 'gunz =bad'.

Matt

Well this is getting way off the topic of cool gun toys in rigs.

Of course guns don’t kill people Matt. They just make it damn easy to do so.

Let’s get back to our regular programming.

GHI

Adventurer
Well this is getting way off the topic of cool gun toys in rigs.

Of course guns don’t kill people Matt. They just make it damn easy to do so.

Let’s get back to our regular programming.
I've enjoyed most of your comments here on Expo. Clearly some of us agree, you included, that you maybe shouldn't have posted a while back with the "how did I survive" stuff. Not impressed by your attempt at verbal judo here in this thread. It's quite condescending. I hope Matt.H doesn't reply to you and I request you don't reply to me. I'd rather see more pics of truck guns. Agreed? Don't answer that.

Mickey Bitsko

Adventurer
Just picked up a new Ruger SR22 , sold my LCR 38 got the SR cuz I like to plink.
Of course I know it won't knock down a woolly mammoth but we don't have those in my neck of the woods anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles