What do you use for a truck gun?

lowrider1

I set up a Shockwave in 20 ga with an SB including a nice Hogue grip and it's nice to shoot even with 3" slugs or #3 buck...very effective to about 35 yds. It needs to be tapped for screw in chokes and it would make a fine and flexible defense or survival tool. Not much a 20 won't do that a 12 can when using modern ammo...Oh BTW the SB folds too.

Reactions: WVI

JakeH

Adventurer
That's the setup I'm considering for my home defense shotty. I have a winchester pump with the long barrel & chokes for survival duty, I just want a short 20g with a folding brace for things that go bump in the night...or zombie apocalypse. Whichever comes first!

I wish aquila would start making those mini shells in 20g with 2 or 3 00 pellets in them. Or a disc type projectile similar to the PDX 410 ammo. That would leave a mark.

yfarm

Observer
45-70. I'm sure it will be interesting to shoot.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Have one, puts 3 rounds in the X ring at 50 yds using cheap ammo once I got the sight adjusted, recoil was minimal. Peep was way off from the factory. Did the usual 1895 polishing of action parts. Took the hard edge off the loop.

geojag

I use a Glock 17, does everything I need, completely reliable, and completely replaceable.
I want to pick up a Glock 40, but haven't yet.
If I am in an area that doesn't allow pistols, I take an 870 in 12 gauge.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I use a Glock 17, does everything I need, completely reliable, and completely replaceable.

What kind of area allows rifles and/or shotguns...but not pistols?

2.ooohhh

The shotgun has become my truck gun, pistol may be on my hip or in the console close at hand unless my trip includes a border crossing to CA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray_G

Explorer
I think I'm done playing with my baby 300blk setup. Who am I kidding, I'll still find stuff to do to it.
8e088c34165bba085d52df2a2ba5e6aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles