What do you think of tentrax?

IronSmiles

Observer
Funrover said:
http://tentrax.com/index.html

They seem intriging.. What are others thoughts?

Looks pretty clean, although I can't say I'm a huge fan of trailers to begin with. I don't know.. maybe I'm being too judgemental but it really doesn't seem like there is enough "trailer" there to warrant a $3000 price tag?.. :1888fbbd:

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
I took a look at them before purchasing my AT. My thought was that it was a smallish tent with a little extra storage. I needed a larger tent, which is not an option, and more storage. After checking out the AT there were many more benefits such as, independent suspension, Engle w/ slide, kitchen, lots more storage, storage for water and fuel, more ground clearance, better protection of the main box, etc.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I know of a deal that went sour between them and a former employer, I'm not sure if it was the current owners or not. There was a trade to take place for a trailer, the parts were sent to the trailer manufacturer, and no trailer was provided. Big drawn out deal, yadda yadda yadda. I think they eventually paid for the parts.

oldcj5guy

Adventurer
I thought this was my old thread for a minute.
Martyn already linked to my thread, and I think enough was said there to keep most people from buying.

If I ever end up buying a new trailer it will be either an AT or a king.
Both great setups and well thought out. My problem is that I own all the tools to build one and would rather spend twice as much doing that. It's Martyn's fault for being so free with help and info when we ask.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
oldcj5guy said:
I thought this was my old thread for a minute.
Martyn already linked to my thread, and I think enough was said there to keep most people from buying.

If I ever end up buying a new trailer it will be either an AT or a king.
Both great setups and well thought out. My problem is that I own all the tools to build one and would rather spend twice as much doing that. It's Martyn's fault for being so free with help and info when we ask.

Yeah! I was paid by your friends and family to provide you with enough information to be dangerous. They said it would keep you out or trouble and the local bars. So far the plan has worked well. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94