What Do You Dislike About Your JK

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
From Sweden, Europe.

158166185.jpg

I had no idea you guys where allowed to carry loaded bazookas in your vehicles! :)

Nice lens! :beer:

Frank

Explorer
P.S. I would be thrilled if the Jeep engineering actually viewed this thread and took it to heart. Naw, that won't happen! Back to reality....................

They don't send you things because you already provide it. ;)

It costs them money to mail out thousands of surveys every year. It's free for them to hop on a forum and see media like this, likely with photos and videos as well.

It's reasons like this that makes me believe that the automotive industry is on a rocketship with technology and changes.

Why DON'T I have a Wrangler? Because in 5 years, it will be rusted out.

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
There is a little button right at the plastic surround of the post. Granted, it's not easy to do, but you can remove them (on the 2dr, at least); I've done it.

Can not be done in the 4 door (easely), just in the 2 door

The headrest on the 4 door can be reclined, the 2 door headrest is fixed. There are a mod that tilts the headrest back in a 4 door for increased visibility.

163_0809_05z%2B2009_jeep_wrangler%2Brear_cargo_area.jpg

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: The 4dr rear headrest is removable--

It's easy to remove JUST the headrest, but that will leave the two pillars for attachment--

To completely remove the headrests, the seat covers must be removed and the tilt cable/position bkt must be unboltedand cable detwisted !

So to remove the headrest JUST for new covers--easy-

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Frank

Explorer
Oh geez, here we go...

Not looking to pick a fight, but it is a reason I have not purchased one. If I go to a local dealer, a used JK Wrangler will be almost complete surface rust on the underside. In the local club, guys are already swapping tubs on the TJ's.

GFA

Adventurer
Not looking to pick a fight, but it is a reason I have not purchased one. If I go to a local dealer, a used JK Wrangler will be almost complete surface rust on the underside. In the local club, guys are already swapping tubs on the TJ's.

Can't argue with that. My 10' jk has surface rust underneath and melanoma on the door hinges. My sons 04' LJ has some decent amounts of cancer underneath, both frame and underbody.

I'm thinking of taking the jk to the dealer and see what they say as its only 4.5 yrs old with 68k

BADDANDY

Adventurer
Well, since this thread is going this way, here goes.
I love my Jeep. I bought mine based on knowledge and not the aura of the Jeep thing. I waited years to buy one until what I feel was the perfect Wrangler came out. Anything I didn't like about it, I either fixed or modified to suit.
Apparently, I'm one of the few JK owners here that realizes it's a Jeep, Great grandson of the MB, and not a modern SUV. It says so right in the brouchure. My JK is so much better than it's Grand fathers, and my 01' TJ. I now have a DD trail rig, which the TJ wasn't, but was so much better than my friends old CJs and YJs. I was never that rough to get one of those. My TJ was the city DD, my F-150 was the trip DD, sold both as the JK is now both.
Most of you need to take a ride in an MB, then a CJ, then a YJ, and finally a TJ. Great Grandpa had no room, no comfort, no A/C, no heat, no power, no top, no doors, no stereo, no carpet, no cruise, no auto, yada yada yada. They've only gotten better thru the years.
Your complaints are all related to owning a modern SUV instead of an updated 73 year old design. It's a Jeep Wrangler, not an SUV! The only one you can take the doors off, take the top off, lift easily, go on Jeep trails with. Not perfect, but now damned close. Build it to suit fairly cheaply. Just like it's Grandpas.
You all shoulda bought an FJ cruiser which the next Wrangler will be so close to thanks to people like you.
BTW, it's not the top that leaks, it leaks thru the door seals. The seals on the top channel the water to those ineffective door seals. Mine doesn't leak if parked nose up. Hopefully I just fixed this also.
Ok, let the fur fly.

Last edited:

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
I love my Jeep. I bought mine based on knowledge and not the aura of the Jeep thing. I waited years to buy one until what I feel was the perfect Wrangler came out. Anything I didn't like about it, I either fixed or modified to suit.
Apparently, I'm one of the few JK owners here that realizes it's a Jeep, Great grandson of the MB, and not a modern SUV. It says so right in the brouchure. My JK is so much better than it's Grand fathers, and my 01' TJ. I now have a DD trail rig, which the TJ wasn't, but was so much better than my friends old CJs and YJs. I was never that rough to get one of those. My TJ was the city DD, my F-150 was the trip DD, sold both as the JK is now both.
Most of you need to take a ride in an MB, then a CJ, then a YJ, and finally a TJ. Great Grandpa had no room, no comfort, no A/C, no heat, no power, no top, no doors, no stereo, no carpet, no cruise, no auto, yada yada yada. They've only gotten better thru the years.
Your complaints are all related to owning a modern SUV instead of an updated 73 year old design. It's a Jeep Wrangler, not an SUV! The only one you can take the doors off, take the top off, lift easily, go on Jeep trails with. Not perfect, but now damned close. Build it to suit fairly cheaply. Just like it's Grandpas.
You all shoulda bought an FJ cruiser which the next Wrangler will be so close to thanks to people like you.
BTW, it's not the top that leaks, it leaks thru the door seals. The seals on the top channel the water to those ineffective door seals. Mine doesn't leak if parked nose up. Hopefully I just fixed this also.
Ok, let the fur fly.

I hear ya. I bought a JKU. A convertible with essentially a hard top a la the old GM t-tops. Ever see one of those not leak? Me either. I expect mine to leak, funny thing though, it doesn't. I expect it to be loud. I expect it ride like a dump truck or a duece-and-a-half, and am glad it does. If I wanted comfort and good gas mileage I'd have bought another Subaru. I'm glad my Jeep has a mediocre stereo, it just would interfere with the road noise with the doors off. I'm happy with my Jeep and what I want to change I will, not because I don't like something about it but because I can.

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer

I dont know how it is in other European countries but in Sweden they rustproof the Wrangler after the arrive at the harbour.

siebermd

Adventurer
Ok, let the fur fly.

Well said!! If you dont like it, dont drive it, quitcha **************.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I am calling bull **** on the rust issues. I live in one of the saltiest road condition places around, I have yet to see a rusty JK. meanwhile the Toyotas keep going back to the scrap yard by the dealer. It fills up, then I guess they crush them. JUNK!....I have a 150k on my Jeep now and the underbody and chasis are like new. its a 2011. So 3.5 years of salt, snow, plus being on an island surrounded by SALT WATER, The salt content in our air is higher. Still no rusty JEEP. Lots of rusty NEW tacomas and tundras here however. Well, actually pretty well every make Toyota. More than any other brand of car around here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles