What Do You Dislike About Your JK

Graveltravels

@Getoutthere, you can get #3, in a GC. I have a dodge Powerwagon that I drive daily. My JK is for fun, for wheeling and for exploring. And I love the fact that even tho this jeep is 30 years newer than my CJ 5, it still feels the same. And I can pull the doors and the roof off. Be careful what you wish for, my friend!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coby65

Observer
Yes it does. The dial that adjusts your dash lights is likely set to the "full on" locked setting; mine was when I drove it off the lot.

Thanks! DW drives it mostly during the day but I was her DD for her company Christmas party the other night and it was annoying.

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
Thanks! DW drives it mostly during the day but I was her DD for her company Christmas party the other night and it was annoying.
You can also go into the menu and adjust the dimmer to autp mode and it will change for you when the lights come on. There's a manual adjustment there as well. Took me a whole three days sitting in the driveway to figure out my nav, guess I'm a little old school.

Charlie56

Adventurer
Nav radio does not dim at night

Did you try turning the dimming switch? Its on the light stalk (left side) closest to the center column.
If it is rotated "up" all the way your nav screen will not dim. If it is rotated down a notch or two your nave screen should dim down with it.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Egotistical AND a moron. Rough deal. I'll try to use small words so you can figure this out.

The fact is that the Jeep was, and still is the right vehicle.

That does not mean it's perfect and has every feature I want. It does mean that it has the majority of the key features I want. Hence me purchasing it. Hence me not regretting the purchase.

The Grand (any version) does not have the majority of features that are important to me.

It's really not a difficult concept to understand.

I am neither, You have no idea about me.

I was commenting on YOUR complaints about the JEEP. I could give to ****S what you drive or buy, but you said you hate, the roof, doors, lack of sound insulation, lack of HEATED STEERING WHEEL. These seem to be the ITEMS YOU WANTED in your rig. You wanted a plush rig with solid axles, the wrangler is NOT that, AN older grand is. And, really, the new grand with independent front suspension will go further than you will ever take your Wrangler. I have seen modded grands GO through Crazy stuff. Then still be plush to take you to the local coffee shop and heat your hands while doing it.

I don't understand why you are getting super bent out of shape. Its your words. I was just explaining that you made the wrong choice. I never picked out your rig. YOU DID. Then carried on complaining about everything that makes the Wrangler a unique awesome rig. Put a pair of freaking gloves on if your steering wheel is to cold.

Last edited:

swift7777

°.lllllll.°
There's not much I dislike - 50K plus miles and zero issues, she's gone everywhere I've pointed her.

If I had to change a few things it would be the addition of lockable hubs & better front end components from the factory ( tie rods, ball joints, steering rack and such ).

Yeah the carpets are always wet & the oil consumption needs constant attention, but all of that can be forgiven when you have the top down and music up on a spring day.

Coby65

Observer
Kojachjku and getoutthere if you want to argue and name call then do it in a PM not in the subject.

Thanks!

Stretch79

Observer
The lack of a 6.4 HEMI and D60's front/rear. :Wow1:

Actually, the lack of adaptive cruise control, backup camera to go with the overpriced 730n it came with and cup holders...my F250 had 8 cup holders that would hold LARGE whataburger cups at the same time!!!

DEFENDERBEAM

strategic command
2015 JKUR picked up I September. Hard top leaks on front driver and passenger side. the lock switches were all drenched.

This happened the first time it was left in the rain for about 1/2 hour.

I didn't take it to the dealer and I had been parking in the garage every night anyway.

Left it out all night in the rain last week, and it soaked the front floor pans. Looked like it poured down the door over the lock switches. Think it comes in on the front corner joints?

Taking it to dealer later this week. having to wait 1-week for an appointment.

I read tons of leak stories before my purchase, and decided on it anyway. Basically , it seems tons of these hard tops leak. It is hard to believe jeep cannot fix the problem by now. I was semi-prepared for this, but it is still annoying.

With any twisting and flexing even while driving on the road, I suppose the leak is inevitable.

Seems like something ill just have to live with and fix/maintain myself.

I don't have faith in the dealer. I'll at least get their .02 for now.

Last edited:

Bennyhana

Adventurer
My biggest complaints on my 13 JKUR after 50,000 miles and many trips is the annoying, giant and pain in the ******** to remove subwoofer. It is always in the way of something. I also wish the back seats where adjustable.

Cup holders? Are we still talking about JK's? Yeah, mine has four, I use one. I put my phone in it so it doesn't bounce out of the dash tray and end up on the floor somewhere.

rlynch356

Defyota
My biggest complaints on my 13 JKUR after 50,000 miles and many trips is the annoying, giant and pain in the ******** to remove subwoofer. It is always in the way of something. I also wish the back seats where adjustable.

Just remove it permanently - you can buy the JKU-Sport side trim place and have it gone for ~$100. The wiring for the 12v outlet is in place for all JKU's btw.. you can redo it at last as well as it is from the factory (it cannot support a fridge)

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Mines been gone for 6-1/2 years--

No regrets-

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles