What Do You Dislike About Your JK

JDaPP

Adventurer
:sombrero: No complaints and I get good mileage/w good power and have no towing trouble-

The JKU makes all the difference in the world for family exploring/camping/treks-

To make any jeep personally comfortable--YOU SHOULD MAKE CHANGES-and not expect the factory supply-

Changes in tire size/diff. gearing/vehicle height/hardtop insulation/roll cage completeness-

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

When the factory doesn't charge me $40k on the sticker price I am happy to do that. With the price I paid I expect a little better quality. Understand that is me. I am just answering the title of the post.

GetOutThere

Adventurer
I will preface by saying I love my Jeep.

However;

1. Payload. No two ways about it. It sucks.

2. Factory door hinges. Aluminum against steel with nothing in between = corrosion. Eventually this will happen on every. Single. JK. My 2012 is already showing bubbling on the hinges.

3. This opinion will likely not be popular. I wish it had regular doors, and a regular integrated roof with proper insulation and sound deadening materials.

4. Jeep could easily have made a shelf in the rear cargo area to assist with space usage. They decided not to, making the trunk much less useful until a shelf is installed.

5. No heated steering wheel option. I live in Canada and I hate the cold.

Haters can stand down. Yes I know I bought a Jeep, and I knew what I was getting when I purchased it. I still have no regrets. For what I wanted, it was the best north American option available. That doesn't mean it is perfect.

Edit: Headlights also suck.

I think the biggest thing about Jeep is you get what you buy. I don't mean what you pay for, you set out to buy a Jeep and you knew what that meant. I started out with a '12 KK Arctic, great road Jeep with good mid-range power, great handling, and its built like a tank (think M-24 Chaffee). Then we got an '06 LJ with a 3 inch and 33x12's. Great trail Jeep but NO power, sucked gas like it was 50 cents a gallon, and at 65 mph you would go horse after a ten minute conversation. We loved the Libby on the road for long trips and the LJ on the trail but what we needed was something that was the Libby and the LJ so we could have fun on the the way to the trail and on the trail. So we traded in both on a '14 JKU Sahara and installed a 3 inch lift and 35x12.50's. Best move ever made when it came to vehicles but the wife and I both knew it was still a Jeep and, compared to the Suburban Z71 we had before switching to Jeeps, we were giving up a lot of comfort for fun. One thing we didn't count on, both a like and dislike, is the attitude we get from other people. We aways seem to have people coming up to us asking about it or telling us they have aways wanted a Jeep. We love this part and always take the time to talk with them about the Jeep lifestyle but also remind them that Jeep isn't for everyone (comfort factor). The dislike part is we do run into the haters on the road that just have to let us know they are not enjoying life as much as we are.

Is there anything I would change about our Jeep, lots of things and nothing, but that is a Jeep thing. Right?

jaxyaks

Adventurer
When the factory doesn't charge me $40k on the sticker price I am happy to do that. With the price I paid I expect a little better quality. Understand that is me. I am just answering the title of the post.

You should have known what you were buying...the information about jeeps are out there, any jeeper will tell you jeeps are built not bought, when you buy it new you are just buying your build platform, some build them more than others, and accept their shortcomings stock.

If I ever bought a jeep that didn't leak, squeak, leak underneath, or had crappy headlights, I would be afraid of it and take it back quick...it's a lemon for sure!

BCobe

Adventurer
The only things I really "dislike" anout my Jeep is the 3.21 stock gear ratio, the fact that the hardtop is not black on the inside, the lack of a hood lock and the fact that it didnt come with the privacy tint on the hardtop.

These are all fixable things though.

So far I have enjoyed my 2014 though.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I will preface by saying I love my Jeep.

However;

1. Payload. No two ways about it. It sucks.

2. Factory door hinges. Aluminum against steel with nothing in between = corrosion. Eventually this will happen on every. Single. JK. My 2012 is already showing bubbling on the hinges.

3. This opinion will likely not be popular. I wish it had regular doors, and a regular integrated roof with proper insulation and sound deadening materials.

4. Jeep could easily have made a shelf in the rear cargo area to assist with space usage. They decided not to, making the trunk much less useful until a shelf is installed.

5. No heated steering wheel option. I live in Canada and I hate the cold.

Haters can stand down. Yes I know I bought a Jeep, and I knew what I was getting when I purchased it. I still have no regrets. For what I wanted, it was the best north American option available. That doesn't mean it is perfect.

Edit: Headlights also suck.

Buy a grand Cherokee, you picked the wrong vehicle.

GetOutThere

Adventurer
Buy a grand Cherokee, you picked the wrong vehicle.

Yeah, you must have missed the part where I said haters can stand down.

I picked the right vehicle. Solid axles, buddy. Not going to do much modding to a new grand Cherokee, nor will it go where the wrangler will.

For my needs, the wrangler was the right vehicle.

Get over your stereotypical mentality. You are not part of some fancy invite only club.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Yeah, you must have missed the part where I said haters can stand down.

I picked the right vehicle. Solid axles, buddy. Not going to do much modding to a new grand Cherokee, nor will it go where the wrangler will.

For my needs, the wrangler was the right vehicle.

Get over your stereotypical mentality. You are not part of some fancy invite only club.

No, You wanted, welded on fully integrated roof, solid doors, insulation etc, you can still modify a grand to go a long way in the offing. Everything you complained about is taken care of in the Grand. Again, you bought the wrong vehicle. I am not hating, or stereotyping, I am stating a fact. You complained about all the cool features that make a wrangler a wrangler.

If you still want solid axles, buy an old grand Cherokee.

Idahoan

Adventurer
I'm happy with the power, mileage and all with my 13 JKUR. I hated the factory wheels... Looked like they are off a Subaru or 79ish firebird. Not sure why Jeep went away from the Moabs for these goofy looking things.

GetOutThere

Adventurer
No, You wanted, welded on fully integrated roof, solid doors, insulation etc, you can still modify a grand to go a long way in the offing. Everything you complained about is taken care of in the Grand. Again, you bought the wrong vehicle. I am not hating, or stereotyping, I am stating a fact. You complained about all the cool features that make a wrangler a wrangler.

If you still want solid axles, buy an old grand Cherokee.

Egotistical AND a moron. Rough deal. I'll try to use small words so you can figure this out.

The fact is that the Jeep was, and still is the right vehicle.

That does not mean it's perfect and has every feature I want. It does mean that it has the majority of the key features I want. Hence me purchasing it. Hence me not regretting the purchase.

The Grand (any version) does not have the majority of features that are important to me.

It's really not a difficult concept to understand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles