What Do You Dislike About Your JK

BADDANDY

Adventurer
But the theme of the thread: it's a $40,000 vehicle that's built like a $20,000 vehicle. It's a well known fact that the wrangler is Chryslers cash cow. They've convinced us to pay a premium for less vehicle.

That's the problem, you guys paid $40gs for a $20g vehicle. $20gs in extras over a $20g base price. Those extras don't get you any more quality.

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
, the mismatched hardware, the lack of doorsills, the unpainted hardtop interior, .

Howdy

Can You explain the mismatched hardware.

My hardtop is painted white interior, it would be nice with black color but I think the interior will be to dark then. Sorry but I dont belive You have a unpainted hardtop interior :)

Frank

Explorer
I have to go out and take photos of mine. behind the grill is NOTHING like that, and mine gets blasted with road salt and sand every winter. That bar looks like a piece that was put in after and not an original jeep frame piece. Looks like a piece of square stock.

It might be some sort of re-enforcement for the winch? Regardless, look at the photo of the undercarriage. That is just the beginning. I would almost promise in 2 years it will be much worse. Maybe the vehicles that head your way get a different style of undercoating? Who knows, but the JK's in N. Indiana are rust buckets worse than any other vehicle out there. It is really quite a shame, too.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Maybe northern Jeeps get better coatings, to bad Toyota doesn't do the same. Cancer holes in their bodies even in 2 years time. Pure JUNK. There are no jeeps around here with any rust on the exterior only yjs that lived their entire life in the salt and never washed etc.

GFA

Adventurer
Maybe northern Jeeps get better coatings, to bad Toyota doesn't do the same. Cancer holes in their bodies even in 2 years time. Pure JUNK. There are no jeeps around here with any rust on the exterior only yjs that lived their entire life in the salt and never washed etc.

You mind posting a pic of yours showing the coil and shock tower area of the frame like I did with mine a few posts back? Just curious to see if yours does indeed have a different type of coating compared to our southern jeeps.

SB

kojackJKU

I can't post, I can email you one tomorrow. My jeep is an 11, and it has 152,000 kms on it for reference.

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
Howdy

Can You explain the mismatched hardware.

My hardtop is painted white interior, it would be nice with black color but I think the interior will be to dark then. Sorry but I dont belive You have a unpainted hardtop interior :)

Maybe uncoated, not unpainted. The exterior has a bedliner type coating. It wouldn't cost them that much more to match the interior to the exterior. But I do like the white now.

On most cars, the fittings are either metric or standard. The Jeep uses metric and standard, sometimes on the same bolt ( for example 1/2" bolt head with a 10mm nut). The jeeps also see to use all sorts of strange sizes. Most Hondas and Toyotas only use maybe 5 but sizes.

kojackJKU

I did not like the white at first, but it makes the interior brighter. I am getting insulation panels but want removable.

kojackJKU

Maybe uncoated, not unpainted. The exterior has a bedliner type coating. It wouldn't cost them that much more to match the interior to the exterior. But I do like the white now.

On most cars, the fittings are either metric or standard. The Jeep uses metric and standard, sometimes on the same bolt ( for example 1/2" bolt head with a 10mm nut). The jeeps also see to use all sorts of strange sizes. Most Hondas and Toyotas only use maybe 5 but sizes.

Hondas mow my lawn.

not really anything

I started out with a 77 cj 7 golden eagle package, sold it o buy a house. ran through several Toyota pickups, a ford bronco the big one, 2 suburbans, a 2dr balzer a very we;; equip lifted with 10 k winch arb bumper 2 chevy 4 wheel drive pickups and an h-3 finally a 2008 jku rubi so what do i dislike not much of anything. I love climbing up into it and just going . my only complaint was that after a 110,000 miles of towing offroading and camping using it to haul sod ( yeah inside with a tarp down.) I had a transmission failure. while I laws liked the defender 90 and 110 I was at expo a few years back and in the driving pit the 90 couldn't make a tight enough turn. and had to back up and 3 point it (almost) I had the same problems with my Toyotas very poor turning radius didn't mind the cloth seat they were about he same as the old toyota cloth. it isn't any noise than any of the others 4 whdr. and the poster who said drive th older ones was right I love y cj-7 but it was loud an the doors had to be bungy shut on windy days. would i trade my jeep no unless I could get a new 2015

trail-explorer

Adventurer
The Jeep uses metric and standard, sometimes on the same bolt ( for example 1/2" bolt head with a 10mm nut)..

I've yet to find a bolt or screw company that does something as "screwy" as making a bolt with an SAE head and metric threads, or vice-versa, or a nut that uses a metric wrench and has SAE thread, or vice-versa. That goes against the convention of hardware design standards.
If such thing exists, I'd like to see it.

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
I've yet to find a bolt or screw company that does something as "screwy" as making a bolt with an SAE head and metric threads, or vice-versa, or a nut that uses a metric wrench and has SAE thread, or vice-versa. That goes against the convention of hardware design standards.
If such thing exists, I'd like to see it.

Some thread pitches are the same in either. M8x1.0 and 5/16-18 for example. http://www.trfastenings.com/pages/Thread+Conversion+Tables

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles