What did you do to your Mitsubishi today?

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I'm working on adapting a JK Bumper to "Spot". Likely going to DIY cause welder/fab is insanely expensive ?‍♂️. A Local shop estimate for mounts only was $825!
Got this DV8 FS-6 Bumper for $250. Perfect condition.

I quit even entertaining mounting Jeep bumpers to Monteros, the Sport will be a slight bit easier because they're more similar to the Jeep mounting. That said they are drastically different shape, Jeeps are flat across the front and Montys are curved and Jeep bumpers are typically narrower than Monteros. It's a crazy amount of labor to fit one to a Montero nicely and with strength to pull from, I'd say $825 probably wouldn't have covered the complete cost of doing it right and they would have had to cut a lot of corners to avoid loosing money and you wouldn't have been happy with the results. At least DiY'ing it you'll get to learn a bunch of useful stuff (fine tune skills you already have) and be able to use that knowledge on future projects like sliders and a rear bumper. Curious to see how it turns out on a Sport.

Jibs

I did the usual Fixes today. Headlight bulbs, the front 4wd clutch solenoids, replaced my non venting gas cap, and started on replacing the rear window regulator motor.

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
In the past 4 months, what have I done for my Mitsubishi? In December, a week after thieves burglarized my garage and house, taking most of my hand tools, all my power tools, air compressor, and violating Pearl...my Mighty Max...I removed the remainder of my tools and Pearl from California.

Pearl now has a shop shared with bicycles and cast iron cookware restorations. I'm in-line to get a front Detroit locker to accompany my rear Detroit locker, and possibly attain nirvana with the only dual Detroit Mitsubishi? Who knows for sure, no one in my circles.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1616648810230.jpg
    FB_IMG_1616648810230.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 18

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
A very sad situation... sorry to hear about the loss of so many tools!

Twin Detroit Locked! This will be a weapon on the tracks!

Cheers

spacecowboy7777

New tires! 265/75r16 Firestone Destination at2, sl rated. Chose these because they’re the lightest weight AT tire by far compared to any other brand. Sl rating, glad I didn’t go with an E rating after driving on these, they’re smooth and quiet. 95% of my driving is on the highway on my way to a camping spot. If I end up popping tires, I’ll upgrade to an e rated Firestone. B0036038-5DDF-422F-A48A-9D5F6ACDC19A.jpeg99DFB6CB-682F-41AB-9A56-0AFA5AC94F30.jpeg

irish44j

Drove 500 miles round trip over the past two days and got it wet, but only a little bit made it through my door seals...

video screen captures, so a bit blurry...

iGamGMeh.png

D3Fdosjh.png

Inyo_man

Finally got around to removing the seized rear camber bolts on the lower control arms.
After spraying them with penetrating solution and hitting them with the impact wrench for a few weeks, I ultimately had to cut the darn things out. Started with the angle grinder and finished with the reciprocating saw. Purchasing carbide metal cutting blades was a huge plus. Three blades were about thirty dollars and an hour or so later the control arms were out.
I'll bring it in for an alignment this coming week and off to the mountains the following week for some R & R. Nice to check this off the list!

Cheers

Inyo_man

After years of faithful service, the DieHard Platinum/Marine, Group 34 (dual purpose/AGM) is being retired.
This next round, I'm trying out a Batteries Plus, House battery- Marine, dual purpose/AGM, Group 34.
NorthPhoto on 5-29-21 at 1.34 PM #2.jpgPhoto on 5-29-21 at 1.38 PM.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:

AZPAJERO

Observer
In the past 4 months, what have I done for my Mitsubishi? In December, a week after thieves burglarized my garage and house, taking most of my hand tools, all my power tools, air compressor, and violating Pearl...my Mighty Max...I removed the remainder of my tools and Pearl from California.

Pearl now has a shop shared with bicycles and cast iron cookware restorations. I'm in-line to get a front Detroit locker to accompany my rear Detroit locker, and possibly attain nirvana with the only dual Detroit Mitsubishi? Who knows for sure, no one in my circles.

New Locker is inbound!! (finally)

NorthCounty

Boy turned 16 last week and picked up the 91 that has been in the works for the last several months...

Fresh top end on a new reman 3.0l
LS lsd rearend
Dual bouncy's
15x8 ProComp Alum
33x10.50 KM2s
Rhino Rack Pioneer platform

He is super excited and pretty cool 1st car.

Attachments

• 20210623_135032.jpg
    20210623_135032.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
Boy turned 16 last week and picked up the 91 that has been in the works for the last several months...

Fresh top end on a new reman 3.0l
LS lsd rearend
Dual bouncy's
15x8 ProComp Alum
33x10.50 KM2s
Rhino Rack Pioneer platform

He is super excited and pretty cool 1st car.

Is that an aluminum roof rack with plastic gutter mounts? I haven't seen one like that before. Nice looking rig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles