What did you do to your Mitsubishi today?

PaydayGabe

Copy that,, and a basic unit is 85amp. Sooo. Yup.
Plenty of room for extra goodies.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

normal_dave

waytoomuchwritinginposts.
UPDATE::
The situation with my Alternator was inconclusive.
Same symptoms.

Bite the bullet, ordered a new 200amp upgrade from eagleautoelectric.com
(on ebay) in Northridge Ca.
$179+ tx, plus 3 new belts at $44.
The unit number is 13615-HO- 200Amp Alternator w/ 1yr warranty.

Installed and operating as it should.
Plenty of extra juice for potential accessories in the future.
Hopefully this will outlast me.
Next will be a Battery upgrade.
"You gotta pay to play"

Have a great weekend. Cheers , G.

It would appear based on your top end work and timing belt job, that this issue is already resolved but note that on the 3.5L in the Sport, the passenger front cam seal is notorious for dripping right onto the top of the alternator, and slowly taking it out. Very difficult to see the issue as it magically escapes the timing cover and heads straight for the alternator.

About the only telltale is the buildup of oil on the bottom of the alternator, and the eventual charge warning light or discharged battery. I finally discovered it/read about it here on OEM alternator replacement #2 on my wife's '03 Sport Limited. It could likely have been your alternator got an oil dose from the previous owner before you did your top end job, and hopefully good to go now with the new one.

PaydayGabe

Well,, interesting theories.
But wrong. Remanufactured Alternator, and dry as a bone.
I suspect the sub par quality of the unit, age and temperatures in excess of 112 when it started heading south for summer vacation.
Was on the vehicle prior to my purchase so WHO knows when it was installed.

PaydayGabe

With everything said and done,, gotta bite the bullet again.
No issue with the new Alternator,, but I will be doing the "Big 3" cable upgrade asap.

P0340 code twice now,, Cam position sensor. So replacement NTK sensor ordered (# ECO196) from Rockauto.
Surgery is pending again.
Jeez,, this is getting old.

On the plus side, I'll have great access to finish the plumbing for the Trans Oil cooler (from a full size Monty) I installed earlier this month.

Synestran

Replaced the broken speedocable for a functioning one. Nice to know my speed again and having the cruise control back. 1990 LS model speedocable is discontinued apparently so found one off of ebay and hopefully it lasts a while.

PaydayGabe

Installment #Idk,
It seems to keep going and going and.

Inside the front again,
I found the timing belt visibly loose for some unknown reason. Possibly a tensioner failure. Although, as I rotated the engine it tightened to the normal tension. Beyond weird.
Anyway,, installed the new cam position sensor.
I will be ordering a new Aisin tensioner, new belt, and a new front crankshaft oil seal, as it was weepy.
I'm a little bit weepy also Geez.
Glad I found these issues though. , G.

chadzeilenga

I finally got around to installing some of the parts I’ve been accumulating on my GEN1
- uncracked passenger sill plate
- console lid latch
- drivers door weatherstrip
- trans linkage boot (next to exhaust)
- tensioned my PS and AC belts with the Gates Krikit gage (really recommend)
- checked torque on front suspension bolts, but couldn’t find the one that makes an occasional clunk under my left foot.

Been a productive weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
I waited until I had 225,000 miles then decided to tow a 3500 lb camper around for a few days. So far so good.

Michael Brown

You followed me, so now we're both lost
Managed to fit a small Rhino Rack. Just wanted a place to store firewood, wet items, and some fuel. I'll have to take more pictures with gear later.

120392494_10220573556663898_8004188896075631571_o.jpg

120505624_10220573555823877_6851892115604897337_o.jpg

PaydayGabe

So I try to do the right thing and order A new Aisin hydraulic tensioner. Cool right?
Of the dozen orders I've received from Rockauto over the past year,,
This is the first one that was wrong. rrrr!
A week to receive,, A week returning,, and another week for the proper part(Oct. 9) to arrive. Man!! It never ends.
5403680aedc7ebc6d35172278ac4d9da.jpg

Michael Brown

You followed me, so now we're both lost
So I try to do the right thing and order A new Aisin hydraulic tensioner. Cool right?
Of the dozen orders I've received from Rockauto over the past year,,
This is the first one that was wrong. rrrr!
A week to receive,, A week returning,, and another week for the proper part(Oct. 9) to arrive. Man!! It never ends.

Pretty much all shipping routes are in chaos right now. They have to follow new paths in case they need virus contact tracking and many employees are working from home or quarantined.

Some stuff I get in 2 days. Others take a few weeks. I haven't had an issue with RockAuto yet, though.

PaydayGabe

So,, after removing the plastic bumper facade bs, I knew I had to do something with the big ugly washer bottle.. removed it also, but still needing a washer.
I searched the local parts yards for a candidate?.
Thankfully the second one I bought home was a great fit for" Spot ". Mounted it on the Driver side behind the battery, rerouted the tubing and extended the wiring ?.
2.55 Liters of blue juice, ?works like a charm?.
Got it from a 96 Dodge Dakota p/u v6. FYI.

Attachments

• 20210203_091852.jpg
    20210203_091852.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles