What did you do to your Mitsubishi today?

chadzeilenga

Hmmmm, I smell a big project on the horizon. Love it when the parts arrive.
If you're doing it DIY, I hope you have a press available, long breaker bars and Anti Seize for reassembling. The suspension hardware is INSANELY TIGHT!
Get the vehicle comfortably in the air so you can get really good leverage on those bolts. Give everything a good cleaning before reassembly and some blue lock tight on the threads.
You'll never get them as tight as the factory, , since they were done w/ pneumatics. Good luck, eat your Wheaties before and keep us posted on the project. Cheers, G. In beautiful Boulder City Nv. USA.

Thanks! Yep going the DIY route. In the process of ordering the front suspension components I need for the refresh. I’m on the lookout for a 20T press I can resell when done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaydayGabe

Harbor Freight is the go to place for really decent tools. I have the 12 ton..
Use the coupons for savings.
Were those bushs pricey?
And where are these from (distributors)?

chadzeilenga

Yea, I'll check CL for a little while to see if I can beat the HF price. Good call on the coupon. It was about $250 for the full set and delivery was only a few days from their US warehouse.

PaydayGabe

?‍♂️ completed the platform for the rear seat area(sleeping).
Its level w/the existing rear floor. My intention is to locate a firm mattress that fits the area and construct a shelf type platform above the mattress. I didn't want the elevated sleeping platform because of the acceptability. I'm 6'3" and just barely fit?.
Anyone have suggestions for a reasonably inexpensive mattress? The rear dimensions are
75"L × 37"w. Thanks for your reply. G.

evomaki

Observer
I might suggest looking at a backpacking type sleeping pad. I still backpack a fair bit still and they have some amazing ones these days. Thermarest (and I'm sure others) make some extra luxo ones for more like car camping. Way too heavy to big and heavy to carry on your back, but likely great for what you need and they roll up decently small, for being in a vehicle.

chadzeilenga

Had a good weekend with the Montero. I installed the rear set of PU bushings (Trailing Arms, Sway Bar and Stabilizer Bar) from Siberian which went very smoothly and I cleaned and lubed all of the mating points for them. Does anyone know what type of grease they provide with them? I might want to keep some on-hand if I have to disassemble anything in the future. It's interesting to see the changes made by Mitsubishi in the Rear Trailing arm design. Here are my originals pictured against the set from 97 SR.

Trailing Arms.jpg

Following the install I took a 6hr drive up into Western, VA for a set of seats from an 89 LWB that was being parted out which also came with a 6-bolt bouncy seat. Although they look disgusting, the fabric is better than mine since it was in the shade most of it's life. They should clean up well.

Front.jpg

Rear.jpg

It sure was a nice drive

IMG_2179.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2179.jpg
    IMG_2179.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

PaydayGabe

I might suggest looking at a backpacking type sleeping pad. I still backpack a fair bit still and they have some amazing ones these days. Thermarest (and I'm sure others) make some extra luxo ones for more like car camping. Way too heavy to big and heavy to carry on your back, but likely great for what you need and they roll up decently small, for being in a vehicle.
I have a Thermorest pad for M/C camping. Its adequate,, but not ideal?‍♂️
I always seem to hit ground even fully inflated. I side sleep a lot. So I've resolved myself to No air mattresses period! They always inevitably get a leak..
So I'm looking for a twin size 4"- 6" thick. Which will fit just about perfect.
As I get older,, my sleeping comfort is more important than ever. Just saying.
Amazon has lots of options, and I'm looking locally for deals. ??

PaydayGabe

??located a good inexpensive mattress at Best Mattress for $100+ tx.
Fits the space, 75"L×37"w almost perfectly.
Now to design some type of shelf space above the rear area?. ?‍♂️

chadzeilenga

Swapped out my old drivers seat with another old one...minus the wear
22143a4a39fcbc55f1c4a2ae156039c1.jpg

a4a9ba24928441c0829111346e199d02.jpg

Also installed an elusive alternator belt guard, although I’m not sure what the specific need is. I’m generally not laying on my engine while it’s running
c44d4d0b51f6280aa18e84b2aa852890.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mudrunner

Adventurer
Well it has been a while since I have posted on this forum but this is the perfect spot! I haven't done much other than dd my sport but over the last two months I have added a backup camera hiding the wires was a fun exercise, which lead me to find a knocking noise I had been looking for. It was a electrical amplifier maybe? For the trailer wiring. Also I made a UpullIt run yesterday because they had a 02 Sport this one was color match to my 01 interior and it had the storage boxes for the rear! I was stoked to see that!
18ce1367d82ad06c93a3ca3bfc3a7389.jpg

Last edited:

PacS14

Adventurer
Drove from Houston to Austin...still love the way this rides. I got surprisingly good mpg since I did the whole time up, valve covers deal. The coolant leak seems to have disappeared, but I'm not convinced, I will keep an eye on the coolant and reservoir daily.

PaydayGabe

Drove from Houston to Austin...still love the way this rides. I got surprisingly good mpg since I did the whole time up, valve covers deal. The coolant leak seems to have disappeared, but I'm not convinced, I will keep an eye on the coolant and reservoir daily.

I have about 1800 miles on my 3.5L top end overhaul. Had a minor coolant leak somewhere near the upper front. Very minor spotting. I can't find a puddle/ stain anywhere. Probably evaporated. It has since ended and no coolant loss/change. Go figure. Running Great,
almost 16mpg in town/freeway. ??

PaydayGabe

Yup,,, end of April 2020.
The spring of COVID-19?‍♂️.
Had been planning to paint the original spoke wheels for a while. Purchased the paint yesterday (Rustoleum paint/primer in Black Hammer finish) 4 at $8.50ea..
On the sanded and washed alloys,, its presenting a glossy dark gray color?.
Perfectly fine with that.
Finish the right side tomorrow. Cheers?, G.

Photos won't load. Something about an allowed extension???
Can anyone explain? IDK?

PaydayGabe

Wow?,,, the reviews for Imgur.com are terrible.
I'm going to do a trial run w/ this app.
Unless other options ?‍♂️.
Expedition Portal is a huge site,,
Is there a good reason why photo uploads are not available directly??
Thanks for the reply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles