What did you do to your Mitsubishi today?

new to this thread, I am.
today I began the serious task of sound proofing my gen1.
I'm using mat from raamaudio.
tear doors apart, stick the rubber to inner door skin.
(doesn't change much) , mitsu built very solid doors.
but I'm trying for road /tire/harmonics, noise reduction.
luxury liner mat under carpet against fire wall and front tire wells.

so door panels need to be patterned and new panels cut with ensolite as a backing/vapor barrier. find suitable clips as the factory explode when panel is removed

then I need to find suitable grey cover material.
fix window switches, adjust door handles.
find a replacement for broken door handle..
rear door gets a camp table fold down, but need to fix wiper motor...
and so it goes.

just the usual stuff..

but I hope to make a quite machine out of her.

I'm going to remove headliner, make pattern and try to form a new headliner from kydex.

PaydayGabe

Spent the weekend disassembling the top side of my Sport 3.5L.
Basically gonna refresh everything I can minus rings and bearings.
Found several cylinders w/ inconsistent compression values among other issues. But #4 cyl. really takes the cake( broken exhaust valve)...
Site will not allow photo.
Says,, " uploaded file does not have an allowed extension " .
What does that mean? Admin?

PaydayGabe

So,,, can anyone explain the situation here w/photos??
What is this
"allowed extension" mean?
I've been on other forums and some have a minimum post requirement before photos can be added. I don't have Photobucket or other apps. Help please. G.

Quest4ADV

Adventurer
Dropped the fuel tank on my 95, it was NASTY, my filter and injectors were plugged, it would barely run. I cleaned it with Evapo-Rust, rinsed with denatured alcohol, dried with my shop vac and then rinsed again with 1 gallon of gas. I also cleaned and rebuilt the injectors. It runs 1000 times better now!

1567385025748.png

lordtrunks

camp loser
Well been working on the 95 so far arb bumper warn winch 33x10.50r15 bfg muds are on picking up rodded radiator Tuesday, arb locker twin compressor air up kit braided air line and 3.15 tcase gears sitting on the floor I think I did some other stuff too ohh I need to drink some ******** scotch at some point too

Quest4ADV

Adventurer
Well been working on the 95 so far arb bumper warn winch 33x10.50r15 bfg muds are on picking up rodded radiator Tuesday, arb locker twin compressor air up kit braided air line and 3.15 tcase gears sitting on the floor I think I did some other stuff too ohh I need to drink some **** scotch at some point too

Hey there, I have a 95 LS, I've heard the ARB bumper is not a "Direct Fit" what did you have to do to it to get it working?

Thanks

lordtrunks

camp loser
Here are some pics and template making process for the bumper plates

Attachments

• 20190820_191414.jpg
    20190820_191414.jpg
    863.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 20190820_191356.jpg
    20190820_191356.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
  • 20190820_191346.jpg
    20190820_191346.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 48
Reactions: plh

Schitzangiggles

King of Macastan
Tore into the heater core issues. Yeah it sucks but way better than paying the local shops @ $1500 to do the job. No one really wants to do the job and I'm not going to pay a kings ransom to someone who is gonna half-ass a job they really didn't want in the first place. Going to be doing a detailed write up and a video on. How to take it apart and put back together as I found -0- videos on YouTube or the net on Gen III Montero/Pajero that wasn't hidden behind a paywall.
eb2b849e85eed17740ebe8654f1ed27b.jpg
b7c33f5fb0601562d7d615371b50f89e.jpg
64bfd39cc2d14fcb267806c8c4bc1d84.jpg
5a6082790d2dc01d6e1db1ddf445b8f3.jpg
3d6d3fad5552814499b8742aad9390a7.jpg
0c75b327935a0e61ee23c7073f72784c.jpg
5c28cde8280a495f5fd201544d14ab9a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

kekela

Wow !!! Good on you for taking this job on !!! It's a PITA to take apart the dash to get to it, then put it all back together.

Last edited:

PaydayGabe

The allowed file types for images are .jpg and .jpeg and .png and .gif .

That means if you have raw photos off a DSLR, or if you have .bmp or .jfif or some other random format they won't upload.

Thanks Shovel?. My phone/ Camera settings doesn't indicate the images file type.
Just the resolution . Odd really.
I guess no photos on this forum..
Imagination time?‍♂️. Thanks, G.

PaydayGabe

Today I disassembled the cylinder heads for further inspection and cleaning. The valves are in reasonably good condition, some carbon buildup here and there.
No biggie, , a good lapping should straighten them out fine after cleaning.

The Elephant in the room is the cam bearing surfaces. The donor engine lost a rod bearing from some type of contamination.
Which migrated up. ?‍♂️
The bore surfaces are flat but feel gritty in some spots. No gouging or burning thankfully.
My intention is to attempt to make them smooth w/a fine grade Scotchbright pad and a solvent.
This is gonna be interesting.
Piecing together the assorted parts slowly.
I scored a great Valve Spring Compressor off Amazon and recommended it highly.
Just shy of 55$ bucks and it is a beast .
From OTC (OtawanaToolCompany) otctools.com
model #4842 . Not Chinese,
Made it Taiwan. The main frame is a beefy Forged piece of Kit and the screws and cups are all solid construction.
Perfect for this application. Check it out. Could definitely be a hand-me-down tool ?.
I'll be in touch... G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles