What did you do to your Mitsubishi today?

ChargerX3

Observer
Changed the oil after the bad head-gasket and took the 89 SWB V6 on her first climb. This thing is a lot of fun!

DTwevCM.jpg

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
Repaired the flex pipe flange on the upstream side of the downstream cat. I used one of those two piece generic flanges from NAPA for the first time. Worked great.

Wasn't today, but last week replaced the transmission mount. Currently trying to install new shocks (fitment issues so far, but easy enough fix). Trying to decide what the budget allows for next, as the shocks took quite a chunk... ? I know I need brake pads, but might get new rotors, too.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
20190709_131409.jpg

Machined a part, this holds a control arm bushing. Hopefully this will be the solution to my trashed UCA bushings after a "spirited" offroad trip.

PaydayGabe

Wasn't today, but last week replaced the transmission mount. Currently trying to install new shocks (fitment issues so far, but easy enough fix). Trying to decide what the budget allows for next, as the shocks took quite a chunk... ? I know I need brake pads, but might get new rotors, too.

Glad to see you aren't afraid to get your hands dirty DJ??.
Check out PowerStop for your brake parts. Might be able to get a complete kit cheaper than piece by piecing it. Good luck and keep us posted. ?G.

PaydayGabe

I'm jumping into the deep end of the pool?‍♂️.
I was hopeful I scored a deal on this 02 Monty Sport(150k miles/ $1000) but wasn't that fortunate?‍♂️.
Dead cylinder #4.
Hence the price..
It runs and drives, but not good. Won't pass smog,
Multiple codes.
So, , into the engine we go.
Currently removing the top and front. Ugh,, the "Ham fisted hacks that were in this engine prior to me (silver RTV silicone everywhere), I'm amazed it's run this long.
I'm tasked with repairing this beast. It's in reasonably good condition except for the engine issue. Virtually stock...
A great base for an Overland truck?.

Glad to see you aren't afraid to get your hands dirty DJ??.
Check out PowerStop for your brake parts. Might be able to get a complete kit cheaper than piece by piecing it. Good luck and keep us posted. ?G.
I've seen those kits on RockAuto and was interested, for sure. Can't decide if the slotted option would be overkill and if I should stick with solid or what. I've seen mixed comments about slotted/drilled in off-road applications...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles