What did you do to your Mitsubishi today?

brad2274

Adventurer
IMG_20150731_182757.jpg
Picked up a garvin wilderness rack for 375, was made for a land rover so i might cut the brackets down a few inches. Its 4.5'x7'x6"

kbahus

Adventurer
Fixed my my 2100rpm driveline harmonics/vibration with some new crossmember bushings. Feels like a new truck now!

nckwltn

Explorer
Fixed my my 2100rpm driveline harmonics/vibration with some new crossmember bushings. Feels like a new truck now!

So... that's all it takes!?! I did do a transmission fluid swap a few months back, and that seems to have fixed it by 75%, but there is still a little rumble. How much work was it to change out the bushings?

kbahus

Adventurer
It was silly easy, but I did have to get the bushings from Japan. Febest makes them aftermarket but I could only find them via Amazon at around $27 a bushing x 8, it was a little outrageous. The bushings were only a few dollars a piece from Mitsubishi and the shipping was well worth it. Upon inspection my bushings didn't look too bad but the new ones were probably a good 3/4" taller so they did experience significant wear over time. There is also a TSB floating around Australia to remove the vibration damper that hangs off the tcase, you could try that first as it is free. For me it took removal of the damper and the new bushings. Well worth it though, as the vibration made me hate the truck.

czd3my

I finally got this running again! Has 278K on it so I bought a used 17K motor and rebuilt the trans along with suspension and brakes and such. Not completely done yet but up and running and moving on its own. This is the result of what my wife calls madness but I call being detail oriented. Having your own sandblaster and home powder coating setup leads one to project creep and before you know it you're coating the transmission case and little brake line clips, you know, the things nobody will ever see!

image.jpg
image.jpg

BOPOH

Explorer
test drove my sport after installing new fuel pump and threw away old crap from previous owner, also cleaned up the headlights so now i can see inside of them

Stock adjustable shocks removed, kyb monomax installed. Huge difference in feel, dampening, and body roll! The stock adjustables still worked, but the were definately worn out. Need to take it off road to see how it performs now!

jhill15

Explorer
Moved my sister-in-law from Charleston WV to Raleigh NC
4adbebeffc1fa1de6ead976ed8d57ddd.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

czd3my

That engine looks brand new! How much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

If you are meaning mine it was $700 with 17,000 miles. It didn't look that nice when I picked it up. The pic below is after all new gasket and rebuilding the heads and such.

PacS14

Adventurer
Technically yesterday but I replaced the driver side window motor

I would suggest to add this thread to the stickies at the top of the first page too.

cacattack

Observer
New ladder for Gen 3

Finally picked up my ladder from the powder coater. Went from polished stainlees to black. Hoping to install it this weekend.

Attachments

• img20150807_195600.jpg
    img20150807_195600.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 27

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles