What did you do to your Mitsubishi today?

AZPAJERO

Observer
In the past 4 months, what have I done for my Mitsubishi? In December, a week after thieves burglarized my garage and house, taking most of my hand tools, all my power tools, air compressor, and violating Pearl...my Mighty Max...I removed the remainder of my tools and Pearl from California.

Pearl now has a shop shared with bicycles and cast iron cookware restorations. I'm in-line to get a front Detroit locker to accompany my rear Detroit locker, and possibly attain nirvana with the only dual Detroit Mitsubishi? Who knows for sure, no one in my circles.
New Locker is inbound!! (finally)

Boy turned 16 last week and picked up the 91 that has been in the works for the last several months...

Fresh top end on a new reman 3.0l
LS lsd rearend
Dual bouncy's
15x8 ProComp Alum
33x10.50 KM2s
Rhino Rack Pioneer platform

He is super excited and pretty cool 1st car.
Is that an aluminum roof rack with plastic gutter mounts? I haven't seen one like that before. Nice looking rig.

NorthCounty

Is that an aluminum roof rack with plastic gutter mounts? I haven't seen one like that before. Nice looking rig.
Thanks!

Correct. Rhino Rack Pioneer platform is 99% aluminum with gutter mounts that are some type of abs / poly / plastic compound. Rhino Rack is super proud of their products and typically do not shy away from quality, their price reflects 🙂.

Thanks!

Correct. Rhino Rack Pioneer platform is 99% aluminum with gutter mounts that are some type of abs / poly / plastic compound. Rhino Rack is super proud of their products and typically do not shy away from quality, their price reflects 🙂.
Nice, I have an old Con-ferr rack on mine, but I'm trying to find a design I like to copy and make my own full length rack. That rhino rack design is pretty slick. I have seen some complaints about different load ratings for those racks though, as far as on road rating being different than offroad, sometimes about half the stated limit. If you have any concerns about overloading it, Ronny Dahl and Tyler Thompson have some good videos about it on youtube, I think their racks were bolt through and not gutter mount though, just a heads up.

Jwink25

Well....lol. working on installing a new head, timing chain, oil pump and what not. Then gonna put a Holley 2300 Sniper on it. New tires, shocks, steering and other suspension parts. After that a one inch body lift. SS braided brake lines, all new rotor, calipers, drums, brakes, shoes, pads, brake cylinders. Wheel bearings and seals...new front bumper...led headlights. Vinyl carpet pad. Tons of stuff. Pics when I'm finished with those items. Then a paint job...lol. My summer is booked, lol!

cch2a

Bolted on some Hella Valuefit LEDs on a freshly painted center bumper. Rustoleum Matte Gunmetal Metallic is color I used. Bumper had some rust spots so sanded and primed. Hellas not wired yet as I'm waiting on getting one more fog light on each side of the big ones and doing it all at once. That's why they are so close together.

Attachments

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
After some time, I have removed the differential and stuff to clean up in preparation for the front Detroit....excitedly waiting. ;)20210724_174051.jpg