What did you do to your Mitsubishi today?

Red_Diamonds

Observer
Oil change on the Lancer GTS and camping with the Montyuploadfromtaptalk1441656944169.jpg
8c2c3228e456acc379bea745e9ea1c33.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

JamesW

Adventurer
Pulled out the alternator which is my second one in a few months, turns out it was charging, but also toast at the same time, drawing a large amount of current at the ignition position.

It needs front shocks, rear springs and she is good to go for her roadworthiness test

bikerjosh

Explorer
Actually over the weekend, but did lots of fluids- oil/filter, front diff, transfer case, rear diff and flushed the coolant system. Wired up a switch "AC fan mod" to turn on electric fan when going slow, didn't work since my original fan is dead. On the hunt for a replacement at the junk yard this week. Need to move my passenger side horn so I have room to mount my new cooler and route lines.
J

Red - I'm on tapatalk too. No signatures displayed I guess. 33x12.5x15 tires. I swapped diff gears to 4.63 so I'm right back on par with stock as far as powerband/rpm and speedo. I guess it is a tad slower due to wheel/tire weight alone, but the truck isn't made to be a race car. It is ok for what it is. Gear swap definately helped though. No build threads, but a search of my username will bring up misc threads with some build mods.

Red_Diamonds

Observer
Red - I'm on tapatalk too. No signatures displayed I guess. 33x12.5x15 tires. I swapped diff gears to 4.63 so I'm right back on par with stock as far as powerband/rpm and speedo. I guess it is a tad slower due to wheel/tire weight alone, but the truck isn't made to be a race car. It is ok for what it is. Gear swap definately helped though. No build threads, but a search of my username will bring up misc threads with some build mods.
Thanks for the response.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

bikerjosh

Explorer
Started working on my supplemental cooling system project. Need to make mounts for the new trans/oil cooler fan, and clearance the front grill by about 3/4". Then on to fix the AC fan fix and relocate the horns.
trans%20cooler_zpsyrl1dsit.jpg

bikerjosh

Explorer
AC Condensor Fane motor bad, options

AC condenser fan, broken? Just replace the motor.

So during some recent maintenance I discovered like many have that my AC condenser fan wasn’t working. Looking online replacement OEM-like fan assemblies were around $130-150, and similar size inexpensive 12” electric fans ran anywhere from $35-55, but I would need to fabricate brackets (cheap other than my time). After I pulled the whole assembly out I started looking around for just the motor as it looked like a fairly common part. Found a new replacement motor “plug n play” on ebay for $35 plus $6 for priority shipping from Florida. Ordered it Sunday night and it arrived Wednesday morning.
Here is the ebay link I used, I’m sure cheaper options are out there but this was easy and fast:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301719012049?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Here is what the oem looks like (out of the fan shroud and the new one installed
Fan%20Motor_zpssegdvce0.jpg

Replacement involves removing cage from fan (5 screws), fan from motor (3 screws) and motor from frame (3 screws), swap in new motor, put the screws back in you’re done.
Can’t speak for longevity as I just installed it yesterday, but works great when I tested it. Also wired in a switch to the dash to turn it on when in 4low to keep things cool.

TheMole

Adventurer

So during some recent maintenance I discovered like many have that my AC condenser fan wasn't working. Looking online replacement OEM-like fan assemblies were around $130-150, and similar size inexpensive 12” electric fans ran anywhere from $35-55, but I would need to fabricate brackets (cheap other than my time). After I pulled the whole assembly out I started looking around for just the motor as it looked like a fairly common part. Found a new replacement motor “plug n play” on ebay for $35 plus $6 for priority shipping from Florida. Ordered it Sunday night and it arrived Wednesday morning.
Here is the ebay link I used, I'm sure cheaper options are out there but this was easy and fast:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301719012049?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Here is what the oem looks like (out of the fan shroud and the new one installed

Replacement involves removing cage from fan (5 screws), fan from motor (3 screws) and motor from frame (3 screws), swap in new motor, put the screws back in you're done.
Can't speak for longevity as I just installed it yesterday, but works great when I tested it. Also wired in a switch to the dash to turn it on when in 4low to keep things cool.

Nice man I should have looked into getting just the motor itself. I ended up getting a Dorman branded one from rockauto. Installed it the other day and it seems to be working fine so far. I had to bend a portion of the cage away from the fan as they were coming in contact with each other. Most likely due to the tight space during the reinstall process.

PacS14

Adventurer

So during some recent maintenance I discovered like many have that my AC condenser fan wasn’t working. Looking online replacement OEM-like fan assemblies were around $130-150, and similar size inexpensive 12” electric fans ran anywhere from $35-55, but I would need to fabricate brackets (cheap other than my time). After I pulled the whole assembly out I started looking around for just the motor as it looked like a fairly common part. Found a new replacement motor “plug n play” on ebay for $35 plus $6 for priority shipping from Florida. Ordered it Sunday night and it arrived Wednesday morning.
Here is the ebay link I used, I’m sure cheaper options are out there but this was easy and fast:

Replacement involves removing cage from fan (5 screws), fan from motor (3 screws) and motor from frame (3 screws), swap in new motor, put the screws back in you’re done.
Can’t speak for longevity as I just installed it yesterday, but works great when I tested it. Also wired in a switch to the dash to turn it on when in 4low to keep things cool.

Now this is a good contribution to the forum. Good info man thanks now I got to order mine since my ac fan barely spins.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Today I installed the new clutch master cylinder on the Mighty Max, I didn't get a chance to try it out yet but I should be able to take the new Max out for the first time this weekend!

JamesW

Adventurer
Power washed the underneath and tried clean out the chassis the best I could. Freed up the LH front brake a bit, but it is still binding so I'll get some new slider pins. Going to see does anywhere have a replacement fuel filter in stock today, it seems to have lost power, and is losing speed on inclines it usually flies up.

The local equivalent of the smog is due, so I'm getting new shocks, and new springs for the rear as they've sagged a lot since putting them on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne