What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

tsteb112

Well it’s been awhile since I’ve done anything besides driving but wanted to check back in and say hey. Tested my battery last night and it was bad so instead of waiting till it ultimately died I just went ahead and replaced it with an AGM from Advance Auto. It’s an Autocraft and is made by Johnson Controls who also makes Optimas now. I went to a battery conference for work and learned about the different batteries we sell and what makes an AGM different that’s why I went that direction for my Grand Cherokee.

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
Install a 2 gallon rotopax on the roll bar...

Is that the fourtreks mount from rebel offroad? If it is just fyi it's a good mount but a couple of things. The roll bars slick pant will not let grip well when the pax is full. It may feel like it's super tight but with 2 gal of water in it, it could slide. I took some 80 grit and scuffed the area up and it gripped much better.

Saev

Observer
Is that the fourtreks mount from rebel offroad? If it is just fyi it's a good mount but a couple of things. The roll bars slick pant will not let grip well when the pax is full. It may feel like it's super tight but with 2 gal of water in it, it could slide. I took some 80 grit and scuffed the area up and it gripped much better.
Thanks for the tip I will keep an eye on it to see if it moves, I made the mount, using a Steel plate and some U bolts, then i mount the rotopax mount to it, it feels rock solid, hope it last lol, so far so good.

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
Today I had local car stereo place install solinoid between Jeep JGC WK2 engine battery and rear house battery running ARB frg/freezer, this way I no longer need to recharge house battery every few days - which was getting old. The coach battery charges house battery whenever Jeep is running, soliniod prevents engine battery from discharging when engine off..

Pic of frig with house battery...

Pic of ARB connector mounted to inside ledge in front of rear side window.

ultraclyde

Observer
i like it!!!
Thanks. I was going to mount the control face to the VIC but my knuckles hit it when shifting into park. The recessed panel I made to replace the VIC could be thicker aluminum. It's a little flexy but it works for now. If you make another run of switch panels I might relocate the radio face.

Outside somewhere

More braking power. Already had the TF front BBK but still had the stock master cyl/booster and stock 11" rotors in back. Worked great with the mini van motor, not so much with that engine swap. Added the J8 master/booster and 13" rotors out back. Need to play around with pads over the fall and winter. Have hawks now and I'm not impressed and the TF pads were noisy and just didn't seem to like towing.

Attachments

• 20180905_172920.jpg
    20180905_172920.jpg
    632.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0617.JPG
    IMG_0617.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 39

snare

Adventurer
And recently put a Suncoast torque converter in the 545RFE, as well as a newer version Mopar fluid pump (with upgraded TCC Accumulator valve springs from TransGo and a Sonnax Pressure Spring) , a TransGo HD2 shift kit (including installing the snap ring from the kit in the input drum), and a Sonnax Line Pressure Booster.
This was all with new OEM Mopar filters and a LubeLocker pan gasket.SuncoastConverterIn.jpgNewRemanedpump.jpgBeefierSnapRingTransGo.jpgTransalmostin.jpg

Outside somewhere

And the dual battery kit goes back in the box to be returned... Was all set to order an spod or switch pro but I don't think I have the room. Sucks as I've got at least 6 things I need to get power too. I have exactly 10 days to figure this out :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 20180909_020647.jpg
    20180909_020647.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 59

Zeiderman

Adventurer
Realized these aren’t real, that’s all I have to say about that.

931e02d5618e47c5dfc410b4cfd66a4c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles