What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

karlmagnum

Observer
I installed a set of used Dunlop Mud Rovers on my JK. Got them from a friend. So far, handling is good. There's road noise but nothing terrible. I haven't hit any mud yet, so I'm a bit excited to try these Dunlop tires.

Last edited:

RockyMtn303

Removed my subwoofer.

IMG_0342.jpg

Slipped and ARB drawer in.

EEBE8_B22-011_B-4527-85_E4-6_EB98663_AB3_A.jpg

Had to get a new trim panel from Jeep.

91_F12424-67_E7-48_BF-_B4_E3-3_BD054021_D7_C.jpg

Opens and locks with the tailgate table open.

4_E81_EF3_B-24_D9-4_CC3-_AB4_A-_B5_C67_C45_E7_B4.jpg

42_B7_CCC9-60_AC-4739-893_D-8_AF4_DD944_BDA.jpg

I was thinking of stacking another drawer on top of it, but I may not.
I think I’ll do an AT interior rack over it.

Last edited:
ran it thru the DIY car wash to clean it from yesterdays 740 mile day trip to/thru death valley, titus canyon had some pretty large puddles, a few were unavoidable.

IMG_0333-L.jpg

IMG_0343-L.jpg

installed the OEM fuel door assembly i scored on craigslist for $25

IMG_0367-L.jpg

started the ARB CKMA12 install with the EVO mfg bracket.

IMG_0371-L.jpg

still need to wire it and plumb the output fittings, but the bracket install went quick. I did flip the compressor in the heat sink/clamp so the pinch screws are easier to get at vs being buried under the manifold with no direct line of access.

NMJeep

With the mud & snow in the high desert, and no real good anchor points always at hand, I wanted to have something with me for an anchor point to winch off for self extrication. Pull Pal is pricey, sorta of works and really requires 2 people to work didn't fit for me. The cheaper knock offs while cheaper, are something I can't trust. I decide to go with a 3-2-2 picket anchor point system for about $50. Many times I have vertically hung myself, 2 others and gear off a 1-1-1 picket system so I am comfortable using a 3-2-2 as an anchor point for the Jeep

Here are the bits & pieces I got. I up graded from the rope and windless to appropriate rated ratchet straps.
View attachment 438022

Here is a sample of what a 3-2-1 system looks like assembled. A 3-2-2 is just a little more rugged. The attachment is at the bottom of the 3 stakes to the left and the direction of pull is to the left
View attachment 438025

ratled
How long are your pins and where did you get them?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ratled

Adventurer
How long are your pins and where did you get them?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They round steel concrete stakes from Home Depot. Be sure they are at least 3/4" think and 3' round... 4' is better. 1" rebar works to if you have a cheap source and cut an angle on one end. I have winched a landscape rock about 1,000 off a single 1" rebar to move in place.

ratled

tgil

Removed my subwoofer.

IMG_0342.jpg

Slipped and ARB drawer in.

EEBE8_B22-011_B-4527-85_E4-6_EB98663_AB3_A.jpg

Had to get a new trim panel from Jeep.

91_F12424-67_E7-48_BF-_B4_E3-3_BD054021_D7_C.jpg

Opens and locks with the tailgate table open.

4_E81_EF3_B-24_D9-4_CC3-_AB4_A-_B5_C67_C45_E7_B4.jpg

42_B7_CCC9-60_AC-4739-893_D-8_AF4_DD944_BDA.jpg

I was thinking of stacking another drawer on top of it, but I may not.
I think I’ll do an AT interior rack over it.
How thick are those tailgate tables? Wondering if my freedom panels will still fit, laying down, back there with one of those on the gate? Seems to be a pretty tight fit already.

Payback

Imperial Pilot
With the mud & snow in the high desert, and no real good anchor points always at hand, I wanted to have something with me for an anchor point to winch off for self extrication. Pull Pal is pricey, sorta of works and really requires 2 people to work didn't fit for me. The cheaper knock offs while cheaper, are something I can't trust. I decide to go with a 3-2-2 picket anchor point system for about $50. Many times I have vertically hung myself, 2 others and gear off a 1-1-1 picket system so I am comfortable using a 3-2-2 as an anchor point for the Jeep

Here are the bits & pieces I got. I up graded from the rope and windless to appropriate rated ratchet straps.
View attachment 438022

Here is a sample of what a 3-2-1 system looks like assembled. A 3-2-2 is just a little more rugged. The attachment is at the bottom of the 3 stakes to the left and the direction of pull is to the left
View attachment 438025

ratled
I’ve never seen this setup before and think it’s a great idea. Really curious if it’ll work the way you want it to!

GCWJ

Finally corrected the brakes. Did the akebono upgrade to the 99 WJ yesterday, followed up with parking brakes and new rear calipers today. The parking brake did not last ten minutes - got a clunk, a tinkle, then silence half a block after I exercised it to set it.

So I guess I'll be paying someone to look into the parking brakes. Upshot is that they'll be tearing into my best caliper setup evar. Maybe they will but it back.....?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles