What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

JCDriller

Adventurer
Great work on this JCD!
Thanks for the link to the connectors, that is a great idea!
I already have all the rest of the stuff to do this, but may upgrade to the multi color lights and remote control.
Would be awesome for a bar setup, and dancing in camp...:rockon:...:shakin:
Now we need to get Blue Baby Sound's band. :beer:

Thanks man! The multi color ones would be great, didn't really consider that. Only thought about running 2 loops. Red or amber at night would be great for bugs.

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Thanks man! The multi color ones would be great, didn't really consider that. Only thought about running 2 loops. Red or amber at night would be great for bugs.
Extra thanks for the online link for a deal. Happened to be in home depot and swung by just to see what they had...

Overpriced is an understatement! !

I use the multicolor ones as the red lights with dinner allow me to have light back there is great for bugs and doesn't mess with night vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitch502

Explorer
I'm really liking your LED strip idea. Looks great. Does amber REALLY help all that much with bugs?
I installed a voltmeter for my second batter in the factory cig lighter outlet that was almost useless due to it's close proximity to the t-case handle.

comptiger5000

Adventurer
I'm really liking your LED strip idea. Looks great. Does amber REALLY help all that much with bugs?
I installed a voltmeter for my second batter in the factory cig lighter outlet that was almost useless due to it's close proximity to the t-case handle.

I see I'm not the only person who swapped that thing out for something more useful. In my case, I went for one of the blue sea dual USB outlets.

mmrocek

Observer
DSC_0238-e1456710168486.jpg

I recently (month ago) put a Kevinsoffroad.com rack on my XJ and I have to say that I love it. I have been looking for a simple, perfectly flat - for the tent, large, rack and this fit the bill. This weekend will be my 3rd test of it romping in the AZ desert @ Devils Chasm. Couple things I like about it, for those interested in either getting one or building a similar one as I saw a few pages back, - this thing is nice and close to the roof, not sticking out at all and it has metal webbing as the "floor" which is perfect for using ratchet straps to secure loads. Here are some photos from Mexico - http://whereismatus.com/el-golfo-de-santa-clara/ and some from a secret camping location provided by a fellow ExPo member - http://whereismatus.com/secret-spot-camping-trip/

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Been putting some miles on mine back and forth to the shop (+/-9miles) to shake it down. Ive done so much that there are sure to be gremlins. It does make some odd noises and I found a partial cause of one of them. Seems my stupid self forgot to fill the t-case after putting it back in. :eek:
I'll be checking the diffs next just to make sure I didn't brain fart those too.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Tekel

I upped my mall crawler game. Installed a metal mesh grill to protect my poor radiator condenser that took a major beating this winter and installed a Led light bar I had at the house left over from my XJ. If anyone thinks the headlights are bad on a JKU, just drive a original Cherokee and it's like night and day.

V4JsGKt.jpg

Last edited:

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
If anyone thinks the headlights are bad on a JKU, just drive a original Cherokee and it's like night and day.

Couldn't agree more. Saving my pennies now for some LED headlights for my XJ. Night driving is an adventure for all the wrong reasons with factory lights.

Maxcustody

Explorer
Started installation of my mobile 2m, 70 cm ham radio. Waiting on a few items to arrive to complete everything.....
43fb3a7dee30e74080f28884e57bee6d.jpg
1509637214517961ed54ba204b1d0a6e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Maxcustody

Explorer
Just ordered the AEV high steer kit, AEV geo correction brackets and OME front coils for the jeep.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Added some unsprung weight in the front :)

New Dynatrac prorock 44 with 1/2" wall tubes, RCV shafts, ARB airlocker and dynatrac balljoints going in.
12967328_10209180119725887_1570542634965434257_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online