What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

PCO6

Adventurer
I replaced the seats in my '95 XJ with a set out of a '03 Hyundai Tiburon. I made the same swap about a year ago in my '03 TJ. I like them so much I found a set for my XJ as well.

picture.php

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I replaced the seats in my '95 XJ with a set out of a '03 Hyundai Tiburon. I made the same swap about a year ago in my '03 TJ. I like them so much I found a set for my XJ as well.

Nice.

I need to do this, the 2004 WJ seats I have are already pretty Meh. The drivers seat bottom has sagged and they are not wearing all that well. Early 2000's fabric was not awesome, my 2003 Dakota had the same thing. Seat bottom sagged while still under an extended warranty and Chrysler said "your problem not ours".

Nice seats!!

PCO6

Adventurer
Thanks Greg. One nice thing about these seats is that the bottoms are adjustable for height.

I wasn't sure I wanted leather for my TJ but having gone through all 4 seasons now I have no complaints at all. Here's how they turned out in my TJ. The installation, brackets, etc. was pretty much the same except that I used the XJ sliders in the XJ and Tiburon sliders in the TJ (just worked out that way) ...
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-seat-swap-2917009/

Stew

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Thanks for the link. I am on JF and believe I saw your install over there too...small world.

I have had my eyes on the local buy and sell sites for leather seats, but no one here is selling. Or if they are, they are snapped up in 1 day. I found a set last year and went to pick them up with my trailer. I get there, and the idiot had sold the doors to someone, and left the Jeep interior exposed to the elements (rain) for a couple of months. 40,000 KM on the WJ and the interior was a moldy wreck. Worst part, he said they were mint and wanted $500.00.

Ugh. The search continues.

Current WJ fabric seats a few years ago.

en480c4

Observer
Installed Thule TB60 tracks cut to length for the JK's hardtop. I still had the towers and bars from my JKU, so I got everything fitted up with my box. Ski season will be here before I know it!

67a08039f48e5a7f2507bf44c4c6125f.jpg
c1ad011bf748aec619ca89aeec7db847.jpg

I played with the front/back position a bit and this seemed to be the best spot. The bars are as spread as they'll go.

rubicon91

Explorer
Since he already posted in his barn door thread here in the Jeep section I thought I would post some here. I had the wonderful opportunity to meet up with Jeff Scherb as he was in town. Before he came he asked if I wanted him to bring his half door upper sliders to try out. Me I was like um YES!! So we got to meet today and put them on. He had both drivers side uppers. It allowed us to see the difference in my uppers on the passenger side while both were installed and we drove down the road. Man I have to say it was great. The noise generated from my uppers is extremely loud. When we put his prototype on I was in shock and how quiet the drivers side was compared to passenger side. I cannot wait til these come out and I can put them in. Will make road trips a lot more enjoyable and not make me want to get another set of full doors to go along with my half doors. Anyways here are a few pics. Thanks again Jeff! Unfortunately we had to pull them off and put them back in his Jeep.

Attachments

• 12141720_10206750378991931_8346765933027425348_n.jpg
    12141720_10206750378991931_8346765933027425348_n.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 12105918_10206750379311939_1349574229969380245_n.jpg
    12105918_10206750379311939_1349574229969380245_n.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 41
  • SlidersInstalled1_zpsrdifbrcf.jpg
    SlidersInstalled1_zpsrdifbrcf.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 44
  • InsideView1_zps8exolo4y (1).jpg
    InsideView1_zps8exolo4y (1).jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 46
  • InsideView2_zpsysd7mr6y.jpg
    InsideView2_zpsysd7mr6y.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 49

comptiger5000

Adventurer
I finally got around to re-doing the front lower shock mounts over the weekend. Chopped off the factory ones and rigged up the new setup. I still have a little more cleanup to do on the remnants of the old mounts, but it's good enough for now (shock body won't hit them at full travel with the current bumpstops). No more clunking, and after some tweaks to the bumpstops, I've gained some up-travel too. Now I just have to decide whether I want to space the upper mounts down a bit or go for 12" travel shocks up front, as moving the mounts down 3" was a little overkill (easiest place to put them). I've currently got ~5.5" up-travel and ~4.5" down-travel in the shocks (and won't have more than 3.5 - 4" of up-travel in the rest of the suspension), so the shocks are now the limiting straps (won't be an issue for now, it won't see any real wheeling or sway bar disconnection until spring).

e5gBDwX.jpg

IndyRubicon

Globetrotter
I looked at it and game-planned some upgrades.

Yeah, yeah, that's not much, but with so much to do around the house I just moved into, the Jeep has taken a back seat for now.

rubicon91

Explorer
Thanks! They look really nice!

Thank you. I have an all black Jeep so I wanted a little contrast. I love them. I have a ton of kids and we do beach a lot. A few stains you can see here or there. If I had to do again I would go all black just due to that. I also have the black bartrac center console cover.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Thank you. I have an all black Jeep so I wanted a little contrast. I love them. I have a ton of kids and we do beach a lot. A few stains you can see here or there. If I had to do again I would go all black just due to that. I also have the black bartrac center console cover.
Even with a stain or two, I think you nailed it with the tan. It does break up all the black a bit, and it's cooler out in the sun! :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles