What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

PCO6

Adventurer
Swapped out the beat up seats in my '03 TJ for a pair from an '03 Hyundai Tiburon. Easy job and MUCH more comfortable.
picture.php

Espo78

Adventurer
Wow I'm surprised at how well that works! Did you have to fab up a custom bracket? My biggest fear with that is how well an adapter bracket will hold up in a collision. The last thing you want is the seat to break free.

dan0

Adventurer
Drove it and it didn't blow up! Even took it on a little trip through the legal dirt/gravel road of a local forest. There are trails throughout which I think are basically all varying degrees of illegality.

PCO6

Adventurer
Wow I'm surprised at how well that works! Did you have to fab up a custom bracket? My biggest fear with that is how well an adapter bracket will hold up in a collision. The last thing you want is the seat to break free.
Thanks. I used the original TJ bases and some 1/4" flat bar to pick up the mounting points of the Hyundai seats. They're actually easier to take out and put back in than the originals were. The seats sit at the same level as the originals which was what I was aiming for.

picture.php

picture.php

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
We flogged ours today up to our camp bus. Great little trail to have a afternoons run in. getting really grown in. Got some bush pinstripes on the rig.

jeepin_idaho

Adventurer
Bought some Maxtrax at NW Overland Rally and installed them on the Jeep.
Will be switched back and forth between Dodge truck and Jeep.
I didn't even realize that was you and your JK at the NWOR. I walked right past your camp at least a half dozen times while I was there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jwilson2598

Adventurer
I took mine and my trailer to the PA Jeeps show and obstacle course this weekend and had a blast.

8633adeb78466dcdbfaa7bf5c29d874f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Copperhead14

Observer
Finished mounting my SUV cargo caddy storage drawer in the JKUR. Mounted it to hinges, so I can still use the cubby underneath. Can't wait to go back to ouray.

WininUtah

Adventurer
After the initial shock of the lift, tires, bumpers etc I took a hiatus from upgrades. Last week I broke the famine with a Vector Stubby Mount, a Garmin Montana 650t, Rotopax Deluxe Mount and some gas and water cans. In boxes ready to be installed are a Teraflex Big Brake Kit, Bushwacker Flat Flares and Rubicon Express Skid Plates. Time for another break from buying stuff!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles