What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

TreeTopFlyer

Adventurer
Finally has some warm weather as well and time. Put some rebel offroad rotopax mounts on the swingout. Welded in 1/2" bungs so I could remove the mounts when I wasn't using them. Have a spidertrax spacer on order, the spare hits the gas cans.

1505449_10205214898873298_2504879199904814622_n.jpg

DallasJKU

Adventurer
Ordered my HotHead headliners with Hushmat strips. They should be here Tuesday. I'm ready for some noise reduction and insulation. Had them before but sold the hardtop. Trying to reduce the noise inside. I don't run carpet because I'm messy and so is my dog. I plan on doing LineX inside the Jeep mainly for vibration dampening and looks. I may do the outside of the HT with LineX as well to make it bulletproof.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
dallasJKU, have a look at bed tread. Cool product. What are the hushmat strips?

They are 3" strips of Hushmat that is supposed to stop vibration. I'm not sure if they worked or not, but almost all noise above my head is gone and only noise I have is road noise because of no carpet. I've looked at the BedTred, but not sure if I like that product. Although BT and Hushmat would probably be really quiet.

lysol

Explorer
Today I installed the Teraflex JK Big Rotor brake kit (reuses the OEM calipers on a much larger rotor) and got the brakes bedded-in. Once they're fully broken in I'll be able to report back on how they compare to the stock brakes.

Looking forward to the report.

Coby65

Observer
"I plan on doing LineX inside the Jeep mainly for vibration dampening and looks. I may do the outside of the HT with LineX as well to make it bulletproof."

If you are going to use a bed liner for the exterior of a hard top I would suggest Durabak smooth.
http://www.durabakcompany.com/automotive.htm
Lot easier to apply and clean.
Used it for the fiberglass roof on a Northern Lite Camper that had some cracks after an PO had mounted the AC incorrectly. Fixed the cracks in the gel coat, sanded the roof, taped of area, and applied with a brush on a hot day.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
"I plan on doing LineX inside the Jeep mainly for vibration dampening and looks. I may do the outside of the HT with LineX as well to make it bulletproof."

If you are going to use a bed liner for the exterior of a hard top I would suggest Durabak smooth.
http://www.durabakcompany.com/automotive.htm
Lot easier to apply and clean.
Used it for the fiberglass roof on a Northern Lite Camper that had some cracks after an PO had mounted the AC incorrectly. Fixed the cracks in the gel coat, sanded the roof, taped of area, and applied with a brush on a hot day.

That definitely sounds like an option. I'm not familiar with the durability of the roll on stuff vs LineX. Any ideas?? It also has to be idiot proof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94