What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

BADDANDY

Adventurer
Hidden winch install attempt #1 fail. At least I got some weight on the front prior to our Ghost town/mine trip. I just slapped it together as I ran out of time prepping for the trip as I was reroofing the house for 6 weeks by myself and weather delays prolonged the agony.
So, yesterday post trip, I took it all off to cut some more on the winch plate so I could get a socket on the upper inner bumper nuts, unjam the cable between the fairlead and winch plate, and wire up the solenoid box. My body hates me!
Pic 2 shows the purge valve relocation. I cut off the stock bracket, drilled holes in it and the crossmember and mounted it to the member.
Pic 1 shows the winch installed with the winch plate and frame horns trimmed, and the crossmember notched for the spool lever.
I'll post more as I finish her up today.

Attachments

• winch 001.jpg
    winch 001.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 52
  • winch plate.jpg
    winch plate.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

BADDANDY

Adventurer
Hidden winch attempt #2 success. And it works!

Attachments

• winch 003 small.jpg
    winch 003 small.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 44
  • winch 006 small.jpg
    winch 006 small.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 43

bldeagle10

Explorer
Bought and mounted a hi lift. Old school one, would like to blast and powder coat it in the future, it's wearing a rattle can job from previous owner

b3c09c70c662f6f7aefa2dcd10486ab9.jpg

"Keep close to Nature's heart... And break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean." - John Muir

Ordered a few goodies (Synergy rear cargo basket & insert for the Gobi rack)... but haven't done much for mods lately - just been enjoying it....

Alberta Mud Buttes:

Camping in Saskatchewan (Buffalo Pound Provincial Park)

Diplomat Coal Mine (interpretive site) (Alberta)

Enjoyed open road and blue skies

Beamer pilot

Explorer
Ordered a few goodies (Synergy rear cargo basket & insert for the Gobi rack)... but haven't done much for mods lately - just been enjoying it....

Alberta Mud Buttes:

Camping in Saskatchewan (Buffalo Pound Provincial Park)

Diplomat Coal Mine (interpretive site) (Alberta)

Enjoyed open road and blue skies

Glad to see you're still around, I was wondering....

BADDANDY

Adventurer
Oh, that trip I took.................

Attachments

• Snowman 006 small.jpg
    Snowman 006 small.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Snowman 042 small.jpg
    Snowman 042 small.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Snowman 055 small.jpg
    Snowman 055 small.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 42
  • Snowman 068 small.jpg
    Snowman 068 small.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Snowman 075 small.jpg
    Snowman 075 small.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Snowman 084 small.jpg
    Snowman 084 small.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 40

mekcanix

Camper
Very nice work excellent set-up
Hidden winch install attempt #1 fail. At least I got some weight on the front prior to our Ghost town/mine trip. I just slapped it together as I ran out of time prepping for the trip as I was reroofing the house for 6 weeks by myself and weather delays prolonged the agony.
So, yesterday post trip, I took it all off to cut some more on the winch plate so I could get a socket on the upper inner bumper nuts, unjam the cable between the fairlead and winch plate, and wire up the solenoid box. My body hates me!
Pic 2 shows the purge valve relocation. I cut off the stock bracket, drilled holes in it and the crossmember and mounted it to the member.
Pic 1 shows the winch installed with the winch plate and frame horns trimmed, and the crossmember notched for the spool lever.
I'll post more as I finish her up today.

Singlespeed92

Observer
Nothing fancy/special,but bought new brakes (rotors/drums,ceramic pads/shoes),new Optima yellow top battery (in anticipation of using the stereo more with the engine off-like when camping-and possibly other equipment including winch/etc),and the supplies needed to change/service all areas that has fluids/grease/etc (diffs,tranny,oil/etc,all filters). Probably won't get around to the servicing until next week sometime (have ot work it out with my pops to use his garage for some of it). I "was this close" to picking up some new front coils/shocks and rear shocks (as they're all a bit worn at 211K miles),but I really wanna wait until Spring when I may be adding a 3" lift (as yet undetermined from which manufacturer,just starting to research it a bit now) and 31x10.50x15" (or maybe 32's with a bit of trimming,but probably not,more interested in explring/trail running than "4 wheelin'"). That's the hope/plan anyways :p

Thinking hard about adding a roof rack and some lights up there this month too,for more camp-cargo (rather than just piling it all in the hatch and back seat area,as sometimes it's both kids,or the Wife and 1 or both kids and we use the seating) options,and /ot a drawer setup like some seen on here as well,we'll see how th ebudget goes for September (like some of the ones seen here... http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/9034-Post-up-your-drawer-storage-system )

dmolson92

Observer
I bought mine!!! :Duploadfromtaptalk1409786818913.jpg

And then I tested it out!!!uploadfromtaptalk1409786863840.jpg

This thing is awesome!!! I'm glad I waited for what I wanted! It's a rubi, manual, red, leather with the freedom top!!! Also the dealer just put brand new tires on it!!! And the PO had installed a great winch bumper and some nice Pro Comp Alloy rims!!! Heading to Colorado for my honeymoon Saturday. But before then I have some warn lights coming in, these stock ones are terrible.

Singlespeed92

Observer
I bought mine!!! :DView attachment 244149

And then I tested it out!!!View attachment 244150

This thing is awesome!!! I'm glad I waited for what I wanted! It's a rubi, manual, red, leather with the freedom top!!! Also the dealer just put brand new tires on it!!! And the PO had installed a great winch bumper and some nice Pro Comp Alloy rims!!! Heading to Colorado for my honeymoon Saturday. But before then I have some warn lights coming in, these stock ones are terrible.

Cool score,my friend,mad props :D

engineerd

Desk Jockey
Nothing fancy/special,but bought new brakes (rotors/drums,ceramic pads/shoes),new Optima yellow top battery (in anticipation of using the stereo more with the engine off-like when camping-and possibly other equipment including winch/etc),and the supplies needed to change/service all areas that has fluids/grease/etc (diffs,tranny,oil/etc,all filters). Probably won't get around to the servicing until next week sometime (have ot work it out with my pops to use his garage for some of it). I "was this close" to picking up some new front coils/shocks and rear shocks (as they're all a bit worn at 211K miles),but I really wanna wait until Spring when I may be adding a 3" lift (as yet undetermined from which manufacturer,just starting to research it a bit now) and 31x10.50x15" (or maybe 32's with a bit of trimming,but probably not,more interested in explring/trail running than "4 wheelin'"). That's the hope/plan anyways :p

Thinking hard about adding a roof rack and some lights up there this month too,for more camp-cargo (rather than just piling it all in the hatch and back seat area,as sometimes it's both kids,or the Wife and 1 or both kids and we use the seating) options,and /ot a drawer setup like some seen on here as well,we'll see how th ebudget goes for September (like some of the ones seen here... http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/9034-Post-up-your-drawer-storage-system )

Fun maintenance stuff!

Regarding the lift, I have a 2.5" OME lift on my XJ and love it. When I did it (3-4 years ago), OME was the best one out there for the suspension lift. However, check out Rough Country. They seem to have made huge strides in ride quality over the last few years and are less $$$.

Also, I'm running 32" tires on my rig with the lift and the only rubbing I have is at full lock. I've done quite a bit of trail riding without any issue whatsoever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier