What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Vince1

Adventurer
Gave the JKU an *** job

Kept hearing a clucking sound in the rear, turned out a sway bar end link had snapped due to contact with the track bar mount. Also had issues with sway bar hitting shock reservoirs. Moving sway rearwards didn't work since it then contacted the muffler. So, I lowered the whole thing out of the way with Synergy drop brackets and JKS adjustable end links. While I was at it, I added the Full Traction HD sway bar for a little extra stability while towing. Tightened up the rear end nicely, with no more rattles!

Also added a few accessories (axe, first aid kit, flashlight, and knives) to the tailgate table.

Attachments

• photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 56
  • tailgate2.JPG
    tailgate2.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 55

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Kept hearing a clucking sound in the rear, turned out a sway bar end link had snapped due to contact with the track bar mount. Also had issues with sway bar hitting shock reservoirs. Moving sway rearwards didn't work since it then contacted the muffler. So, I lowered the whole thing out of the way with Synergy drop brackets and JKS adjustable end links. While I was at it, I added the Full Traction HD sway bar for a little extra stability while towing. Tightened up the rear end nicely, with no more rattles!

Also added a few accessories (axe, first aid kit, flashlight, and knives) to the tailgate table.

Those shocks are great? Aren't they!?

Vince1

Adventurer
Yes, the Kings work great, mostly for the adjustability. I would recommend adjustables to anyone, and there are several choices out there now (Rancho, Fox, etc.). No fixed shock can serve all the different vehicle load and road/trail conditions I encounter. Thought about air bags and other options, but too much brain damage. Adjustable shocks are a simple solution.

SquareLJ

Observer
Sold my Jeep and bought a 2014 Tacoma 4x4.

7abfce7b2598b51168e6527ecadd2ad0_zps3189ae06.jpg

Bitter sweet moment. Put a lot of work into the Jeep, but it just was not a reliable vehicle. Thought about getting a 4 door JK, but they're just way too expensive.

Vince1

Adventurer
Sold my Jeep and bought a 2014 Tacoma 4x4.

Bitter sweet moment. Put a lot of work into the Jeep, but it just was not a reliable vehicle. Thought about getting a 4 door JK, but they're just way too expensive.

??? MSRP on the 4wd double cab is 27,685. A JKU sport starts at $26,195. Maybe you are referring to the costs and disease you get after you buy it ; )

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
New lift day.

Before

10171221_10152071122358379_5033662897047757043_n.jpg

After

1961857_10152071616803379_1148389921813685148_o.jpg

Picking it up tomorrow AM, getting the alignment done. Sitting at about 5" taller than stock (maybe 5.5")

Septu

Explorer
Saw the visa bill for my lift kit (Metal Cloak 3.5")... especially after the crappy exchange rate. Nothing like adding 10% to the cost. : (

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Saw the visa bill for my lift kit (Metal Cloak 3.5")... especially after the crappy exchange rate. Nothing like adding 10% to the cost. : (

Ouch indeed...

Damn! That looks good Greg! You're gonna have to lift the trailer, or do a SOA to level things out.

You are like the 3rd person to say that today! lol I have a 6" drop receiver so hopefully that works...lol. Either that or SOA may be needed. Thanks for the comments, it is looking nice these days and the lift looks good, hopefully works as good as it looks. I haven't even seen it done yet, the finished pic was from the guy at the shop. He texted me a snap.

Added dual battery system
Used the springtail rear rack to hold battery, I opted for the house battery near my fridge
IMG_0201.jpg
IMG_0202.jpg

used a Blue Sea ML7622 relay for isolation mounted under hood
IMG_0200.jpg
IMG_0197.jpg

Used a Blue Sea 6 fuse distribution panel fused by the rear battery and a 200 amp 12v circuit breaker connected next to both batteries
IMG_0219[1].jpg
IMG_0219[1].jpg
IMG_0213.jpg

Mounted remote switch in rugged ridge a-pillar switch pod
IMG_0216.jpg

Last edited:

Septu

Explorer
You are like the 3rd person to say that today! lol I have a 6" drop receiver so hopefully that works...lol. Either that or SOA may be needed. Thanks for the comments, it is looking nice these days and the lift looks good, hopefully works as good as it looks. I haven't even seen it done yet, the finished pic was from the guy at the shop. He texted me a snap.

I've always been a fan of a lifted vehicle. Main reason why I went with 3.5" over 2.5". Looks like you gained at least 3". I'm sure you'll be drooling once you pick it up.

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
I removed the Hannibal awning, attached the alu-boxes, rotopax and trasharoo. All I have to do is throw the RTT on top and pack the fridge for next weekend.
View attachment 215930View attachment 215931

I'm interested in your approach to mounting rotopax to the spare. Can you share who makes that hardware? Any problems with the strap slipping or getting loose depending on conditions (cold/warm/wet/dry)? It's a great use of space...

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I'm interested in your approach to mounting rotopax to the spare. Can you share who makes that hardware? Any problems with the strap slipping or getting loose depending on conditions (cold/warm/wet/dry)? It's a great use of space...

Rebel off road makes the spare tire pax mounts. Its rock solid. Certainly doesn't move or come loose. The only downside is its not very theft deterrent but there aren't very many thieves when youre out wheeling in the middle of nowhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles