What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Modeler

W1DCS
Took the jeep out to the trail to start the new year. The jeep also rolled over 10,000 miles while out on the trail.
A bit later I experienced a different kind of rollover.........

Glad that both of you were unharmed. Doesn't look like it was fun.

Seems to be working, thank you again.

I was wrong, failed out again after a couple hours instead of in less than an hour. Found my paperwork from the original purchase, bought it in Jan 2009 with a 48 month full replacement and an additional 52 months of prorated replacement. Still cheaper than having to pay for a full replacement...

Chi-Town

The guy under the car
Modeler- sorry to hear, worth a shot.

How about this for admitting you have an addiction. After doing my own safety inspection on my Cherokee (it's for sale currently).

Replaced lh engine mount, hasn't made any noise but I noticed a crack in the rubber so I tossed in a poly unit I had new in the box.

Replaced the tie rod end at the Pitman arm, it looked at me funny :Wow1:

Added military style battery terminals and new cable ends to the cables.

Re-greased all joints just to be sure.

Sucks being ocd sometimes lol

Modeler

W1DCS
Worked out well in the end. Sears was able to recharge it with their setup FoC in about an hour, and it passed the stress/load test.

Took the Jeep to work today after installing on Friday and only just starting it a couple times. It fired right up when I restarted it in the parking lot after I got here. Seems like there was no damage to it after all.

xndrxw

Observer
Installed Rokmen's Drop Down Aluminum Tailgate w/Storage Compartment.

kNV9q9k.jpg

jva4UM2.jpg

HUZ33rj.jpg

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Ordered some IRO Adj Upper Control Arms and a Adj Double Shear Track Bar with bracket. Ready to take her up to 5" of lift and fix my bagged out Leafs!!

GCJEEPING

Observer
Added a 8 relay bluetooth board to the Jeep. My Android Samsung Galaxy III phone controls the board.

Got the board off Ebay for $59 shipped free from china. Took a little over a week to get it. IT runs off 5v. It came with a USB cord and a 110v to 5v wall plug. It has a USB PWR plug at one end and a round PWR plug at the other.

Here is me testing it out.

I picked up a bunch of these a while ago from the JY so I spliced one to the one on the lower console (right one constant power). I also spliced in an extra power wire to use to run power through the relays to trigger the relays under the hood.

Then I used one of these USB receptacles I had laying around and put it in the receptacle. Pluged the USB cable in and ran it and the PWR wire up under the cover above the steering wheel. That is where all the wiring goes from my light switches and light controller box.

I mounted the board under the panel above the steering wheel. Plugged in the USB cord. Ran the PWR cord into one relay and jumped it to all the others. This PWR will only trigger the relays under the hood that actually PWR the lights and such.

Then I ran the wires from each relay and tapped it into the existing wiring that goes to under the hood. I only have used 4 so far. LED bars, KCs, side lights and back up lights. Didnt take pics of this because its easy and I got lazy. LOL

Here is a video I took. It starts of with me being about 20 yards from the jeep and at the end I'm about 80 yards from the jeep.

Yuccahead

Adventurer
That's very interesting. It's either a very good thing or a very bad thing that I didn't know about that before I started my latest wiring project. I spent a ton of time setting up switches that could control some rear flood lights from either the driver's seat or from the tailgate. I also installed a switch for a some rock lights and for my ARB compressor. This would have made some of that much easier.

swift7777

°.lllllll.°
Upgraded the rear diff cover.

Upgraded the rear diff cover. The ARB is a great bit of kit, easy to install just had to drop the track bar to get at the top bolts.
arb-diff.jpg

GCJEEPING

Observer
That's very interesting. It's either a very good thing or a very bad thing that I didn't know about that before I started my latest wiring project. I spent a ton of time setting up switches that could control some rear flood lights from either the driver's seat or from the tailgate. I also installed a switch for a some rock lights and for my ARB compressor. This would have made some of that much easier.

I think it would be cool mod to if you found a old droid phone and mounted to the dash and used it strictly for the relays. There would be no wiring required in the dash only under the hood.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
No actual work, but all my kit from Iron Rock Offroad just showed up at the airport today. Nice stuff, very beefy and well made. The paint/powder coat finish is very nice too. Looking forward to being done this re-lift!!

Oh and the oil catch can from ADD W1 showed up for the WK 5.7L hemi... very nice bit of kit there too! CNC work is nice, the anno is nicely done, the laser etching is well done and the dipstick on top is a great feature.

417tJH8m3iL.jpg

GCJEEPING

Observer
I can't speak for sure about other Jeeps, but if yours is anything like my '99 TJ you should have a built in 5v power supply under the hood. The PCM runs many of the sensors on a common 5v output.

Good info, but mine is mounted in the cab behind the dash. Plus I dont think I really want to be tapping into or messing with the PCM wires. Wouldnt want to fry anything. Also I want 5v constant I dont know if the PCM has that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94