What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Jakes01234

Explorer
I rebuilt the front driveshaft on my TJ today. Put all Spicer parts in and was wondering if its possible to grease the centering ball while the shaft is installed. It does have a needle type fitting.
any ideas?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

97tjguzzy

Explorer
I rebuilt the front driveshaft on my TJ today. Put all Spicer parts in and was wondering if its possible to grease the centering ball while the shaft is installed. It does have a needle type fitting.
any ideas?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Carolina Driveline has installed tube yokes with access holes in a few of my driveshafts so that you can grease the centering ball without removing the driveshaft. I think they machine them in house from stock spicer parts. A local driveshaft shop may be able to do it for you.

They machine a 3/4" hole in this part.

spi-2-26-477.jpg

DaJudge

Explorer
I looked longingly at it as I backed out of the driveway to go to work this morning! I really need to take a trip!

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
Bent some tube

Fabbed up a fuel tank and skid, Dana 60 moved back 3 inches needed a little extra room.

Image 1.jpg

Image 2.jpg

Bent up a cage, don't know if I like it yet, generally I build a nice aluminium dash full of aftermarket gauges and such, lets me run tubes right to the floor, I'm sure the front plates will do just fine for what the vehicle is intended to endure.

Image 9.jpg

Image 7.jpg

Image 6.jpg

Image 8.jpg

I have a pile of seats we had made by Twisted stich, full suspension seat, HD vinyl, double sewn, and built so they drain when they get wet, they will not pool water like a lot of other seats. Running them front and rear.

bajajeremy

I finished up a tire carrier last week and took it camping last weekend. So nice to have the interior opened up.

avava6e2.jpg

a2e3yvat.jpg

jpat30

Adventurer
Got my Hi-Lift and 4 gallon RotoPax mounted onto my trailer-hitch spare tire carrier.

View attachment 183410

There's juuuust enough room to close and secure the hitch, as well as open my rear glass without hitting anything!

J,
That is a really neat looking spare tire carrier you have. Do you have any other pics of the build? I have a WJ too and want to get my spare out the interior. Thanks.

Krytos

Adventurer
Installed a set of leather WJ seats that I got for $40 at the local yard. I know, very out of place in a Wrangler, but they're SO nice and it only takes 2 minutes to swap the cloth ones back in for summer/open driving.

CAM00002_zpsbddd2178.jpg

How hard was this swap?

BADDANDY

Adventurer
I installed near new 2013 Rubicon axles under my near new 2013 Sport. Installed some slim driving lights on top of the bumper that are triggered by the high-beams to fill the dark void when the high-beams are on. Ordered a harness, switch panel and switches for the lockers.

redveloce

Adventurer
How hard was this swap?

It's very simple. You reuse your original sliders and they bolt right to the bottom of the Grand Cherokee seats. You'll also want to swap the seat hinge with the lever if you want to keep the ability to fold the seat back forward. That takes a bit more work, but it's not hard. Just unzip the back of the seat at the bottom and fold the cover up to expose the top two hinge bolts. The bottom two are under the plastic cover.

Also, if you want to retain the plastic cover you'll need to trim it to clear the Wrangler sliders and seatbelt reel. I just screwed the cover on, then jammed the seat back all the way and used a sharpie to outline how it needed to clear everything. Then I cut it with my band saw.

It's all easily less than an hours worth of work.

*EDIT* I should note that the original seats have a part on the back frame that allows them to trigger the bottom to fold forward when the back is folded forward. The Grand Cherokee seats don't have this, so in order to fold the bottom forward you must reach under the seat from the front and push the lever down separately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94