What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

nigelish

Nigelish
It'd be easier if you bought the complete kit.

I already had the portable version of the compressor, so I only bought the bracket. I had to make spacers, source assorted hardware, etc.

I actually just cleaned it up with factory style, plastic tubing. Looks OEM now.

Thanks for the information I will look at getting the whole kit.

Nigel

poischis

Here's what I did today to the TJ, pretty simple; sheet of aluminum 1/16'' piano hinges, a few self tap screws and some cables. All for 25$ 20130313_173230.jpg20130313_173402.jpg

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I did some more fab work on the winch bumper I am making. It's coming together nicely, and looks relatively close to an ARB. So far, I am into it for $60 worth of steel and around five hours. I'll get some pics up in the near future...

Bennyhana

Adventurer
Built a new shelf for the tailgate.
IMG_0787800x598.jpg

IMG_0788800x598.jpg

DaJudge

Explorer
My poor neglected Jeep finally got some love!
1. Replaced master window switch. (It is nice to be able to roll down my window again)
2. Both front hubs
3. Pitman arm
4. Drag Link End (at Pitman arm)
5. Finally centered my axle. (it was only out by a tiny amount but it bothered me)
6. Adjusted my Swaybar disconnects which I had neglected to do when I lowered it last year.
7. Greased everything with a zerk.
8. Getting an alignment as I type this!

I had a nasty noisy/vibration at around 70 I though was my front driveshaft but it is gone now. Must have been a hub! It is very smooth now even at 85. (that is fastest I have driven it in years and it was for about 30 seconds)

Things I still need to do:
1. Install new shocks.
2. Change diff. fluid.
3. Fix CB.
4. Go somewhere with no pavement!

jrueppel

Adventurer
Added a bottle opener to the rear of the jeep...

Finally got a matching black bottle opener to attach to the jeep.
IMAG2538.jpg
Got to use Rivnuts (new favorite thing) with a new Marson rivnut tool.
IMAG2530.jpg
Drilled a couple of holes, added a little primer paint to the raw metal edges, and set the nuts.
IMAG2531.jpg
Grabbed a couple of black'ish colored machine screws to go along with the color theme, and attached the bottle opener.
IMAG2532.jpg
Enjoyed the beer.

08Silverado

Adventurer
Finally got around to putting my poison spyder evap skid on my jk. It wasn't too bad except for the clips on the lines coming into the canister.....man those were a pain!

Finally got a matching black bottle opener to attach to the jeep.
View attachment 151784
Got to use Rivnuts (new favorite thing) with a new Marson rivnut tool.
View attachment 151785
Drilled a couple of holes, added a little primer paint to the raw metal edges, and set the nuts.
View attachment 151786
Grabbed a couple of black'ish colored machine screws to go along with the color theme, and attached the bottle opener.
View attachment 151787
Enjoyed the beer.

Love the riv-nut. I used them to mount my table. Where did you get the tool? I use a bolt and the same size nut with the threads drilled out. Kinda hard to describe, but it works and is cheap.

BADDANDY, I did the same thing a few weeks ago. $100, gotta love CL. I keep eyeing those 2013 Rubi wheels with BFG's. Seems $1000 is about the going rate!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles