What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Shoeman

Observer
First post, been lurking and learning. Did a brake job on half the rear axle of our 2000 XJ last night. Today finally managed to get the other sides totally stuck and grinding drum off using a maul for persuasion, stripped that side down ready for new parts tomorrow, and wired/installed a set of Hella 500FF driving lights. Wednesday it goes to my mechanic for a new oil pan to replace the rusted leaking original. The Jeep only has about 82K on it but Maine winters are tough on metal. I tried to replace the pan myself but just could not comfortably do it. At 50 I can't lie under cars for hours like I did as a kid anymore :( Got to get ready to tow our teardrop in August for a camping/backroads roaming week around Moosehead. Love this site!

Geoff

BADDANDY

Adventurer
Covered over my safety stickers on the sunvisors. I went to MICHAELS and they have sheets of tape 8.25"X10" in all sorts of colors made by Duck who makes ducttape. I got one sheet of black labeled Paper . Almost matches the sunvisor perfectly. The 2 pieces to make measure 1 7/8 X 8 3/4 and 3 3/4 X 8 7/8. All for $2.18! I tried taking a pic, but my camera is broke and phone has no flash.

X-plorenow

Adventurer
Covered over my safety stickers on the sunvisors. I went to MICHAELS and they have sheets of tape 8.25"X10" in all sorts of colors made by Duck who makes ducttape. I got one sheet of black labeled Paper . Almost matches the sunvisor perfectly. The 2 pieces to make measure 1 7/8 X 8 3/4 and 3 3/4 X 8 7/8. All for $2.18! I tried taking a pic, but my camera is broke and phone has no flash.

That is a cool idea. I might need to try this!

udoxx

Observer
Removed my spare tire

and replaced it with a 30 gallon auxiliary tank, increasing the range by about 400 miles. Next time I travel to DV I will explore that next bend.

IMG_20130624_143835.jpg

IMG_20130627_190208.jpg

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
WK or Commander? Looks like a WK to me. What tank did you go with, haven't seen one for these yet, custom?? You can always get a receiver spare mount or Roof Basket it I guess.

SulVento

Wanderer
Installed a used (new to me) ARB Deluxe Bumper......(good deal on it, couldn't resist) and then popped in a new (couldn't resist....again....:sombrero:) Zeon 10 winch.

The lights are old.....lol...........

ARB bumper.jpg

udoxx

Observer
WK or Commander? Looks like a WK to me. What tank did you go with, haven't seen one for these yet, custom?? You can always get a receiver spare mount or Roof Basket it I guess.

It is an XK. I got the tank from Long Range Automotive Australia for the spare a Maniac 4X4 rear bumper and tire carrier is on the way from South Africa. I have strapped my spare to my roof rack in time of need but it's not secure or easily accessible.

jjohnson1892

Adventurer
Started to mock up a center console organizer, deciding on what type of wood/finish I want on it before I go to town making it.

Also took it out on the farm for some Murica style fun and ripped around for a bit

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
It is an XK. I got the tank from Long Range Automotive Australia for the spare a Maniac 4X4 rear bumper and tire carrier is on the way from South Africa. I have strapped my spare to my roof rack in time of need but it's not secure or easily accessible.

Curious what suspension you will be running...my OME HD sags like crazy in the rear with no additional fuel tank and rear bumper. Let me know what you have in mind.

Also curious what you paid for the LRA tank?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles