What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
Today I get to trace the wiring in my LightForces to see why they're not turning on. In daydream-land I did all sorts of awesome stuff to it, but in reality...it's wiring. Yay.

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
I installed this power management system into a JK today. Active battery management, no need for a 2nd battery, not a single OEM wire spliced. One plug, 30 mins and you got a JK built for the serious enthusiast!

DSCF1717.jpg

dp7197

Adventurer
After looking at storage systems for a while on the thread I decided I would use Pelican cases for my storage. I just needed a way to hold them in the back of my Wrangler Unlimited JK. Since I delt quite a bit with a fire apparatus manufacturer, I decided to see if I could have them bend me up some aluminum for my storage system. The aluminum is 1/8" thick and not too heavy.

I kept the back and bottom open so that I could access the storage compartment underneath. I removed by subwoofer and replaced it with a factory panel while maintining my factory 12-volt outlet. The wiring is not adequate enough to power my ARB fridge, so I had replaced it with the ARB wiring which I will now mount to the back of the box.

The bottom holds four Pelican cases and the area above holds my plastic folding table. The ARB slide is bolted to the right side. I gave the second piece a slight arch before bolting it down to compensate for the weight of the fridge. The table slides out nicely and then can be set up. The fridge slides out with just enough room but will not allow the door to open fully. A tradeoff I guess.

The smaller box will hold my ARB strap bags and keep them from sliding around. I may put a net on the front to keep them away from the rear glass.

Two smaller trays will bolt to each side to hold my tool bags containing fluids and such.

The almost finished product. I will have the rear attach to the rear seat bolts and in the front I installed nutserts under the plastic pieces for 3/8" bolts with access holes. Hope you like it.

:sombrero:

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Got my butt kicked by mine today! Was doing regular old maintenance changing the rear main seal. Got it almost all back together only to look down and see that the bearing had somehow fallen off the rear main cap and was laying on the ground! Now I get to spend Monday doing it all over again! Bah! :(

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Got a little revenge on mine today. Pulled it all back apart and did the entire RMS/Pan gasket thing again only this time I made sure the rear bearing was there! DOH!

bldeagle10

Explorer
lets see... pulled off the starter for the 6th time after running through the wires for the 4th time. decided I am not stupid and the starter IS bad. took it to a different O'Reilly, they exchanged it under the lifetime warranty (last one tried testing it and apparently there was nothing wron with it) put the new one on, jump started it cause the battery died. fired right up after sitting for a month.
washed her, only for it to rain 50 minutes lter. decided to pull it into the garage to buff it a bit.
battery is junk -_____- pulled it off, taking it down to replace it tomorrow.
pulled front aux light bulbs off cause they cracked when it flooded and they were full of water.
started putting the interior back in...

bldeagle10

Explorer
lets see... pulled off the starter for the 6th time after running through the wires for the 4th time. decided I am not stupid and the starter IS bad. took it to a different O'Reilly, they exchanged it under the lifetime warranty (last one tried testing it and apparently there was nothing wron with it) put the new one on, jump started it cause the battery died. fired right up after sitting for a month.
washed her, only for it to rain 50 minutes lter. decided to pull it into the garage to buff it a bit.
battery is junk -_____- pulled it off, taking it down to replace it tomorrow.
pulled front aux light bulbs off cause they cracked when it flooded and they were full of water.
started putting the interior back in...

JKJenn

Adventurer
You can have one... I know a guy.

I think a few of of us could be interested. :) Something like that would be nice for my cross country trip next month. :)

Not too exciting but I added the breather extension to my JK and flipped the direction of the RTT, which was a major pain.

draganof

Observer
Limb Risers and Fog Lights

Added Limb Risers and Fog Lights

Attachments

• Fog Lights 001.jpg
    Fog Lights 001.jpg
    530.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Fog Lights 002.jpg
    Fog Lights 002.jpg
    524.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Fog Lights 003.jpg
    Fog Lights 003.jpg
    515.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Fog Lights 004.jpg
    Fog Lights 004.jpg
    543.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Fog Lights 005.jpg
    Fog Lights 005.jpg
    540 KB · Views: 11

brianwj

Observer
Replaced a bad ignition coil and realized I need a new muffler so I'm going to have to look into that. I had a Magnaflo on my old WJ but the wife didn't like the drone on the highway very much need something quieter this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior