What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

redveloce

Adventurer
Applied my 'official' (magnetic) badges in preparation for a 5 day 'expedition' into the Cascade mountains. :ylsmoke:

IMG_20120709_184439.jpg

Caoboy

Adventurer
Yesterday I passed the California SMOG check. I swear they should put an LEV sticker on these 4 cylinders!

Today I'm hunting in the junkyard for a replacement shackle bolt, and a tailgate.

TreeTopFlyer

Adventurer
Put in a Jeepswag Hi-Lift Mount, quick fist mounted to the Hi-Lift, 2lb Foam Ext. on a Drake mount, CO2 mount (5lb temporary until my 10lb gets filled) Bungees are just for keeping the Hi-Lift rattle to a minimum.

Attachments

• DSC_4915.JPG
    DSC_4915.JPG
    274.9 KB · Views: 19

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Put in a Jeepswag Hi-Lift Mount, quick fist mounted to the Hi-Lift, 2lb Foam Ext. on a Drake mount, CO2 mount (5lb temporary until my 10lb gets filled) Bungees are just for keeping the Hi-Lift rattle to a minimum.

I've been considering that hi lift mount for a while. What do you think of it so far?

TreeTopFlyer

Adventurer
I've been considering that hi lift mount for a while. What do you think of it so far?

Pricey, but slick. I was able to tap it without taking the top off(i'm lazy). Came with everything I needed, I had a tap set already. The mounting plates are thick, 1/4" steel. Pretty straightforward install. My only worry is I may have to modify my CO2 mount because the Hi-Lift may be in the way. Once bolted onto the mounts, the Hi-Lift is rock solid. I like that it keeps it inside, up out of the way, and I can now use it as an attachment point for other misc crap. I have another set of quick fists on order to mount an axe on top. I think I have room.

Could I have bent some steel up and made mounts myself, sure. Done it before, but this took about 20mins to do. I would have spent all day making my own and still not had a set that is as clean. You can tuck the roll bar padding up under the mount a little to make everything look nice and neat. Again, 80 bucks, it's pricey but it's one of those things that I won't be changing out with something else down the road. That's where I wanted the mount, don't plan to change it. I recommend it.

LawnDart-XJ

Observer
Full widths and 35 x 12.50 Kevlars. Plan was to take her as big as we could keep her EXPO ready by not adding anymore lift by using Naiper cut-out flairs to fit the new meat.
New additions:
full width axles out of a 78 F-150
D-44 HP up front with Detriot Tur-Trac and 4.88 gears, Yukon shafts, Warn premium lock outs,TNT truss, Ruff Stuff 1 ton steering and trac bar kit. Yes the castings were cut out and a 70's 3/4 ton GM axle donated the tubes and inner C's.
Axle was fully rebuilt and welded. To make the axles stupid strong we took a piece of 3.5 x .250 DOM split it down the middle long ways and then welded half of it to the bottom of the axle as a half sleeve / lower truss.
Ford 9" 31 spline with Yukon Grizzly locker 4.87 gears complete rebuild, Ruff Stuff truss and pinion guard.
HD Offroad shackle Relo brackets, Clayton shackles
FINISHED3.jpg

FINISHED2.jpg

FINISHED1.jpg

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
^ Very nice work, your XJ is looking very "capable". The steering and front end setup looks tough as nails!

alexfm

Explorer
Just installed a Putco HD Headlight wiring harness and a new pair of Harbor Freight bulbs. Gonna check them out better tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94