What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

my "expo" jeep is only 2 weeks old ish, but last week i had 4.10 gears and a limited slip diff added. had to get 500 easy miles on them for break in, then pop the covers to inspect, and change the fluid.

rear diff, with powertrax grip pro LSD.

IMG_0058-L.jpg

front diff, just got a new dana spicer open carrier and gears

IMG_0059-L.jpg

cleaning all the silicone off from the prior 2 installs (factory and the gear shops) took a bunch of paint off in the solvent tank, so i glass bead blasted them and cleaned them, then shot some semi gloss black on them, also wire wheeled all the bolts and painted them as well

all sealed up with permatex ultra grey. then filled with valvoline 85w140 gear oil.

IMG_0060-L.jpg

IMG_0061-L.jpg

LilPoppa

Adventurer
Finally got around to yanking out the interior and putting some bed-liner in the tub of the JKU. Tons of work, but it should be worth it. Second coat goes on tomorrow AM.

So seats and carpet out and bedliner the whole interior or just the cargo space? What's the idea there?

ultraclyde

Observer
Replaced all 4 front control arms. Pressing/cutting/hammering the bushings out on the axle was a bear with the wide pan of the V8 in the way. But the 21 year old Jeep drives like a brand new car! Well, a brand new solid axle truck anyway. Taking it to the shop for an alignment and some help tracking down an idle misfire this afternoon.

Parras

Installed the control box, relays for remote controlling the accessories, Aux Lights, reverse lights, compressor and one more free for further accessories.

20180210_183131 - Copy.jpg

spagthorpe

Observer
Got my dual band radio permanently installed. Finally. A decent antenna mount was the tricky part as I'm not into drilling holes in the Jeep. I think it's working pretty well, though would work a lot better if I had a better ground plane.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles