What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

rubicon91

Explorer
Rails are included in the $299.00 price.....well at least mine were.....I think you are referring to the parts that closes in the open area from the top rail to the bottom.
This is what it shows on their website as well as what they told me. optional side panels (side panels sold separately). So I guess we may be talking about the same piece and I said it wrong. Now while looking for that I noticed they have adjusted the black one down about $50. If you don't mind can you post a pic or 2 with yours in. I would love to see what the silver looks like.

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Tekel

Not today, but earlier in the week I picked up a 2016 JKU. This will be replacing my 98XJ. New Job + longer commute = treat yo self.

24382658852_2dcafaa4fb_b.jpg

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
sweet hydro blue.

I just got my teraflex tie rod, drag link, steering stabilizer, Monroe reflex monotubes. My jeep drives like a brand new rig again....THANK GOD!...l

comptiger5000

Adventurer
Continued chasing my tail trying to find an intermittent misfire. It randomly alternates between running perfectly and being down on power / misfiring. It's only thrown codes for cyl 8, but I'm not sure if it's really just the one cylinder or not. Already checked the spark plugs, they look fine. Switched a few plug wires to see if that moved the code to a different cylinder, no dice. New cap and rotor didn't help either. Crank sensor is pretty new and it's not a heat-related issue like most crank sensor failures I've seen.

I'm gonna throw a new cam sensor in when I get home from work today. If that doesn't take care of it, then it might be a flaky injector that's intermittently sticking closed.

GetOutThere

Adventurer
Proceeded to clean out all of the camping gear, and try to get it back to DD status after a practice winter camping run with what supplies I have. Turns out winter camping with improper equipment, even in a vehicle, in a word... sucks. Too bad -20 bags are $500+ here in Canada.

Lucky j

Explorer
Indeed, winter camping requires warmer camping gear.

But if you do that car base, sleeping bag wise you can play with tickness.

A muliti layer sleeping system that get you to -20c is better than a single layer -20c sleeping bag. So a nylon over bag will capture humidity in the outer layer of the bag, keeping the iner bag warmer.

Is you have acces to a couple sleeping bag, like a -10 and a -5 or an other -10, one inside the other will do just fine. Did it many times.

A good evasote sleeping pad make a big difference as well. Air is your enemy. So an air matress is not good at all in winter.

In a truck, humidity is also bad. But you can also trow a wool blanket over you.

So depending on the logistic, you do not have to go to technical about sleeping bag.

comptiger5000

Adventurer
Turns out the cam sensor wasn't my misfire issue, so I guess I'm swapping injectors and re-scaling the tune tonight... If that doesn't fix it, then it's either a bad plug wire (unlikely with how intermittent the problem is and how perfectly it runs when it's not misbehaving) or a bad fuel pump (or the pressure regulator on the pump assembly). And since I swapped the cap and rotor, it's not even throwing codes anymore, so I've got not much help from the Jeep in diagnosing this...

Oh well, at least once I throw the other set of injectors in, I'll have the option of making an E85 tune if I ever feel like it (they're 30lb injectors compared to the 24lb ones in there now, so it'll be enough to feed the thing on E85 as long as the fuel pump can keep up).

XJSuperman

OhIOWAn
Finishing my floor finally! Sprayed on the undercoating inside/out yesterday so today should be reinstall of seat and carpet etc. and drive it out.painted (1).jpgIMG_1698.jpg

Last edited:

XJSuperman

OhIOWAn
Rustoleom Professional Enamel gloss black. This stuff has worked wonders for me since using it instead of the standard gloss black. The Pro line drys faster, covers better, and looks nicer.

I sprayed NAPA undercoating/sound deadener over that, both inside and out.

comptiger5000

Adventurer
Screwed with the irritable ZJ more... Swapping injectors didn't change anything, so I dug some spare (****ty) duralast plug wires out of the closet. I swapped the coil wire and it didn't change the misfire problem (and it idled a little worse), so I'm now 99% sure it's a spark problem (and something other than the coil wire). I've got a spare set of plugs for it, so I guess I'll gap those and throw them in, and swap out a few plug wires at a time to see if I can figure out what's going on...

Scoutman

Explorer
long overdue repairs

Had our XJ pulled in the shop to check out a vibration I was having at speed. I suspected a joint in the rear shaft going bad so I pulled the shaft and everything seemed nice and tight. Pumped fresh grease in all the fitting and lub'd the slip shaft and put back in. While I was under there I checked the diff fluid which I found to be milky. Not sure how it got that way since this rig hasn't seen much action in the past few years. No metal flakes, backlash was ~.010, and the pattern was still good. Cleaned and put back together with a new lube locker gasket I've had sitting around for some time. Should get it back out on the road tomorrow to see if any change.

Also swapped out a headlight. While I had those grill parts off I found the amber turn signal bulbs to have most of their amber coating flaking off and the lenses were full of crud. Got all that cleaned and put back together.

I'm also fighting a miss when I get it out on the open road. Not sure what's going on there.

IMG_20160124_152204055 (Large).jpg
...and yes I have extended breathers. :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier