What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Kosmo

Adventurer
I washed mine...I added some mud flaps earlier in the week.

Mud flaps?
Photos?
I am thinking to ad big mud flaps. Buy from a truck stop for rig. I tow a trailer, and the A/T tires with the lift cast quite a rooster tail off pavement.

:smiley_drive:

Overland History

Wanderluster
Thanks for the comments. The wheels are 16x8s. 4.5 inch backspacing. Still trying to figure out what color I want to paint them. They are currently gray primer.

Wheels came from Summit Racing.

Tires are BFG Ko2s. 285/75/16.

A couple more pics:

Those wheel look excellent for 2 reasons!

1. Nobody else or very few have them.

2. They look like they belong on a CJ2-A which is ************!!

I'm excited to see what color you'll paint them, and I would recommend paint match to your current paint, but research the CJ2-A and see if you can find some inspiration other than black.

Regardless, if I owned a JK, I would have the same wheels. Great choice!

XJSuperman

OhIOWAn
I vote either a darker red, for contrast and classic CJ2/3 reference or a color matched setup. But plain ol black won't look bad either. Make em pop. Its a good look with plain steelies, and Im not a big JK fan.

dmc1

Adventurer

I'm excited to see what color you'll paint them, and I would recommend paint match to your current paint, but research the CJ2-A and see if you can find some inspiration other than black.

Excellent suggestions. I'll research. At this point black is out.

Here is my link to the wheels as I update and decide on a color.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/152957-New-Steelies

Thanks again everyone.

DougC

Observer
Kosmo--they are the regular Jeep ones up front and the AEV flaps in the rear. I try to take some pictures later today.

comptiger5000

Adventurer
Changed the crank sensor in the ZJ over the weekend (it was getting flaky when the engine bay got too hot) and spent a while cursing out the engineers that placed it and its connector where they did...

Scooter Scott

Observer
Thanks for the comments. The wheels are 16x8s. 4.5 inch backspacing. Still trying to figure out what color I want to paint them. They are currently gray primer.

Wheels came from Summit Racing.

Tires are BFG Ko2s. 285/75/16.

A couple more pics:

I love those wheels!

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Notched out my pre-filter some so it would fit over the limb riser bracket...worked out good I think.

I have turned it so the slit is facing backwards...

b7aa1a76debf0b27d4e26ba473fac9f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great! I've been thinking about doing the same thing.

What made you put the slot backwards? I've been wondering if it makes a difference forwards or backwards.

Thanks,
-Dan

Espo78

Adventurer

I love these wheels :) I also recommend paint matching them, especially with your silver Jeep. Mine are Stone White

02E5F187-8CF5-442B-AAD8-AEF9FA54B0B2_zpsh6k5s3yl.jpg

XJSuperman

OhIOWAn
Nice.

My XJ isn't quite an Expo Jeep yet, but its getting there. Its my DD, tool supply, service truck, and weekend warrior all in one right now. Today continues my saga of cutting out the rusty sections of my driver's side floorboard. Cut, chop, pry, scrape, vacuum, wirewheel, repeat........
153825d1452215313-what-did-you-do-your-xj-zj-wj-today-img_1636.jpg

This was after I started on it, and now im in the cleaning up the metal stage and prepping for primer.

harv3589

Adventurer
Looks great! I've been thinking about doing the same thing.

What made you put the slot backwards? I've been wondering if it makes a difference forwards or backwards.

Thanks,
-Dan

There r no directions on the AEV site but I found an animation on the web on how it works. The air is sucked up from the bottom and the dirt is blown out that slot so it needs to open to the rear so wind isn't blowing in it as well...

In the pic I have it the wrong way but since changed it around so it's facing back

Overland History

Wanderluster
I love these wheels :) I also recommend paint matching them, especially with your silver Jeep. Mine are Stone White

02E5F187-8CF5-442B-AAD8-AEF9FA54B0B2_zpsh6k5s3yl.jpg

Those look great on a 2 door! The Stone White compliments it well!

I'm really glad to see wheels that are a compliment to the old CJ-2's and CJ-3's that aren't 17"+ which is largely where the trend has gone.

I'm personally not a big JK fan, but you guys certainly have turned my head and made them look great!

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
There r no directions on the AEV site but I found an animation on the web on how it works. The air is sucked up from the bottom and the dirt is blown out that slot so it needs to open to the rear so wind isn't blowing in it as well...

In the pic I have it the wrong way but since changed it around so it's facing back

Ahh, thankyou!

I had been pointing the slot forward thinking that where the air goes in.
Good to know it needs to be backwards.

-Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles