What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I would say, without actually measuring, that it is closer to 5"+ of lift.

Pic quality is not so great, cell phone pics (not by me). Rides excellent, steering is good, not any more bump steer (yet) that I have noticed and it handles awesome. My replacement steering box is in the garage, the one in there is stock and original...and hosed. So much play.

Nice looking!

Zimmanski

Its a work in progress but I'll get there slowly. This week I got some lights working again, made some limb risers, cleaned up some wiring and will get the base for my off-road trailer build this week.
emy7azav.jpg
ge2a2eze.jpg

And took and epic picture of my copilot
upy4ypa5.jpg

fjatl

Adventurer
araba7em.jpg
zamytu6a.jpg

Added Truck-lites today. Just couldn't justify the JWS route without giving these a shot first. Didn't see any flicker but will test it out tonight

Sent from my iPhone

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Nice looking!

Thanks man, it has come a long way over the years and still looks great!

Looks really good man

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Much appreciated.

This weekend I finished a fab/install project that I have been working on the past few days. I installed a set of stock OEM XJ headrests in the rear OEM bench seat. I have 2 young kids in Booster seats (well my son is now too big for one in the XJ) and the lack of headrests was an issue. I have a full set of seats from a 2004 WJ, but the rear 60/40 split is going to require some heavy modification to get it to fit.

Fully functional, adjustable and welded in to the rear seat pan. Perfect fit and the kids love the fact they can again ride in the XJ.

Good times.

rubicon91

Explorer
I was able to finally get my LOD Gen 4 rear bumper installed yesterday. Now I need to get the trail rack and the mounts for the gas cans and I will be all set for the rear bumper at least.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    521.3 KB · Views: 37

Beamer pilot

Explorer
Its a work in progress but I'll get there slowly. This week I got some lights working again, made some limb risers, cleaned up some wiring and will get the base for my off-road trailer build this week.
emy7azav.jpg
ge2a2eze.jpg

And took and epic picture of my copilot
upy4ypa5.jpg

Stealing your limb riser set up...it should limit flutter as well???

Zimmanski

Stealing your limb riser set up...it should limit flutter as well???

Glad you like it! Yes it should fix/limit flutter, at least that's what I've read. I never had the flutter. I think they're best used with the all metal good latches though, you'd be able to tighten the risers down more than with the stock latches, but it has worked well for me so far

I used the vinyl coated wire and all stainless shackles, eye bolts, and turnbuckles so it should last a long time with very minimal maintenance if any. To attach it to the latches I just used an L bracket that I drilled out the bolt holes and cut/bent to fit.

Last edited:

Beamer pilot

Explorer
Glad you like it! Yes it should fix/limit flutter, at least that's what I've read. I never had the flutter. I think they're best used with the all metal good latches though, you'd be able to tighten the risers down more than with the stock latches, but it has worked well for me so far

I used the vinyl coated wire and all stainless shackles, eye bolts, and turnbuckles so it should last a long time with very minimal maintenance if any. To attach it to the latches I just used an L bracket that I drilled out the bolt holes and cut/bent to fit.

Thinking about this for replacement, stainless is good...:
http://www.4wd.com/Hood-Hold-Down.aspx?t_pn=DRKJP-190001-K

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles