What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

BADDANDY

Adventurer
At 50" apart, which I'm assuming you mean measuring left to right of the vehicle, you might run into some issues. The hardtop on the inside is double walled for added strength, joining the sides of the hardtop with top portion of the hardtop. Mounting surface also angled. I had to choose a spot on the inside of the last roof strengthening ridge on either side to get a clean mounting surface. .

Yes, I've read a few threads and by everyone's opinion, the double wall is the strongest place to mount them. I also will run an aluminum strip on each side to use instead of washers. If the thickness is good, I'll use T-nuts and paint the strips and nuts white so nothing will be barely seen on the inside.

StrykerX

Great Lakes Xterras
Ah okay, sounds like you've got it all figured out then. I wasn't sure. Post pics once installed, interested in seeing your setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagicMtnDan

2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition & 2021 F350 6.7L
Thanks!
It really isn't too heavy. 50 lbs at the most I would say.

Nicely done - I like it.

I've been looking at a variety of ideas for "building out" my JKUR and most of them involved making a storage/sleep platform in back (sleeping with the front seats pushed all the way forward which gives about 6'0" of length).

Every option I've considered involves removing the damn subwoofer enclosure and replacing it with the Mopar non-subwoofer panel part.

colorofstool

Nicely done - I like it.

I've been looking at a variety of ideas for "building out" my JKUR and most of them involved making a storage/sleep platform in back (sleeping with the front seats pushed all the way forward which gives about 6'0" of length).

Every option I've considered involves removing the damn subwoofer enclosure and replacing it with the Mopar non-subwoofer panel part.

I thought about removing it as well and moving it to a new location, but decided to just design around it instead.

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
Fixed a leaking rear diff. On my last trip I must have snagged a rock and bent the factory cover. So I got some new ones from a friend and painted them up.

vamuqyhy.jpg

esa2aqu6.jpg

uga4uza4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Installed a (new to me) Eezi Awn spoyla awning on the rear of the Jeep where the Hannibal 1.5 used to be. 20140314_122210.jpg20140314_141013.jpg

Also remounted the Hannibal 2.0 which is for sale.
20140314_141407.jpg20140314_141036.jpg

Last edited:

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Don't really need it. Ideally I want to trade it for a 2M Eezi Awn 2000 or a set of Rec Vee panels but I haven't had any takers so I figured I'd just sell it and put the money towards a new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior