What did you cook today? Photo thread

Kingsize24

Made the wife and Kiddos one of my favorite pastas. It can also be done over a fire camping in this same cast iron skillet, and has been many times.

20230421_173531.jpg20230421_173651.jpg20230421_173927.jpg20230421_175019.jpg20230421_175818.jpg20230421_181225.jpg20230421_181232.jpg

This evening, travel with me to south east Asia to the Kingdom of Thailand, formerly Siam. I made two Thai dishes: Creamy Tom Yum Goong and Thai Holy Basil Stir Fry or Krapow.

I used the recipes from: https://hot-thai-kitchen.com/. I’ve made 3 of the recipes from there and everything has been great. Better than the average Thai restaurant. Highly recommend it:

Tom Yum Goong:

Shallots, galanga (similar to ginger), lime leaves, Thai chili, lemongrass
HnSbvu6.jpg

Shrimp Stock
lcsFeBK.jpg

Evaporated milk and Thai chili paste added
KqNwBFL.jpg

Krapow:

aRCyMij.jpg

2w7Al0n.jpg

MalAZif.jpg

PJvFaDu.jpg

MaritzaTurner

That pasta dish looks absolutely mouthwatering! I love how you can whip it up in a cast iron skillet, whether at home or while camping. It's awesome to see families enjoying delicious meals together. Speaking of dining experiences, I'm more of a dine-out person myself. While browsing online, I recently stumbled upon Restaurant Füssen, which piqued my interest. Their menu offers a wide variety of tantalizing dishes that I'd love to try. If you're curious, you can check out their website at riwa-restaurant.de for more details. Here's to memorable meals and culinary adventures!

Last edited:
Today I had the pleasure of enjoying a delicious meal: instant pot chicken with veggies. It was a wholesome and satisfying dish, perfectly cooked using the convenience of the instant pot. The tender chicken paired beautifully with the assortment of veggies, creating a balanced and nutritious plate. The flavors melded together seamlessly, making it a truly enjoyable dining experience.
Unfortunately, in my excitement to dig into the delightful flavors, I completely forgot to capture a picture of the dish. But, for those interested in trying their own instant pot chicken recipes, the possibilities are endless. The instant pot's efficiency in cooking tender and flavorful chicken is unmatched, and you can experiment with various seasonings, herbs, and veggies to create your own signature dishes. It's a reminder that sometimes the best moments are meant to be savored without the distraction of a camera.

Last edited:

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
(not overland cooked) Testing out the sous-vide method lately, I like it so far - main advantages for me are you can take something straight outta the freezer, no defrost and sous it for 1 hour, 2, 3...don't really matter, you can't overcook it.

Sear a couple mins to done, no need to rest, can carve and eat immediately

Experimenting with cheaper cuts than the usual ribeye - this is top sirloin at $11 per lb, saved the jus for dipping, chef's kiss

Bourbon, l'il side salad, oven roasted brussels with balsamic, Chris Stapleton on the side

dog is going absolutely bananas so I'm on to something :)

IMG_5771.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94