What cool things are powered from your upfitter (aux switches)

UglyViking

I don't have any yet, but I'll share my plan, not in order. (I plan to use the switchpros 12 toggle unit)
  1. front locker
  2. rear locker
  3. air compressor for airing up
  4. air horn (don't @ me)
  5. front off road lights
  6. front ditch lights
  7. front IR lights
  8. off road reverse lights
  9. wigwags
  10. possibly a nighttime light in the bed (red or yellow)
It's gonna be a long, long, process getting all these done and wired how I want, but it's nice to know I still have some space if needed.

eyemgh

I don't have any yet, but I'll share my plan, not in order. (I plan to use the switchpros 12 toggle unit)
  1. front locker
  2. rear locker
  3. air compressor for airing up
  4. air horn (don't @ me)
  5. front off road lights
  6. front ditch lights
  7. front IR lights
  8. off road reverse lights
  9. wigwags
  10. possibly a nighttime light in the bed (red or yellow)
It's gonna be a long, long, process getting all these done and wired how I want, but it's nice to know I still have some space if needed.

Having never augmented my lighting, as we tend to reach our destinations in the day time if we’re off road, I’m intrigued. What are ditch lights and IR lights? Also, what’s a wigwag? ? Sorry for veering off topic a bit, but I have 6 switches to plan for in our upcoming build.

UglyViking

Having never augmented my lighting, as we tend to reach our destinations in the day time if we’re off road, I’m intrigued. What are ditch lights and IR lights? Also, what’s a wigwag? ? Sorry for veering off topic a bit, but I have 6 switches to plan for in our upcoming build.
Ditch lights are lights that are pointed to the left and right of the vehicle toward the front. Think of them as more extreme fog lights. A lot of people will mount them from the top of the hood near the A-pillar.

IR lights are infrared lights, used for night vision devices but not visible with the naked eye. I'll be using them to light up certain areas while night shooting so we can maintain our natural "night vision" but also have additional lighting when using night vision devices.

Wigwags are "flashing lights", you see them as yellow flashing lights for tow trucks and the like and also on fire trucks. I'm not 100% sure I'll end up adding them but they are good signifiers when attempting to help stranded vehicles and the like.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Wigwags:
headlight_wig_wag.gif
mark_lt_rear_wm.gif
Ditch lights:
mqdefault.jpg

Not sure about front IR lights. Guessing light bar?

BackcountryAggie

Wigwags are "flashing lights", you see them as yellow flashing lights for tow trucks and the like and also on fire trucks. I'm not 100% sure I'll end up adding them but they are good signifiers when attempting to help stranded vehicles and the like.

The SwitchPros platform lets you configure your switches to flash your lights. I set my a-BD XL80s and S2s to strobe when I double tap the switches. Might save you to the hassle of installing specific lights for it.

UglyViking

The SwitchPros platform lets you configure your switches to flash your lights. I set my a-BD XL80s and S2s to strobe when I double tap the switches. Might save you to the hassle of installing specific lights for it.
I did not know that, and it will prob save me some cash at least, especially for lights that won't be used often!

ripperj

Explorer
Lots of good idea, I definitely need better back up lighting. Turning my CC LB around on a snow covered state road at night with falling snow was tough(road closed due to accident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles