What cool things are powered from your upfitter (aux switches)

ripperj

Explorer
I was kinda excited my new Ram 3500 came with 6 aux switches and associated relays (low current)under the hood.

What did you do with yours? I may waste one for heated driver seat(my tradesman doesn’t have them).
I’ll have my Northstar Adventurer on the truck most of the time in warmer weather , so a couple will end up doing camper stuff(tbd)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

eyemgh

Fwiw,
Not happy with my Ford Upfitter switches..
Its 2021 Transit. The upfitter switch outputs are not 24hr circuits. They will time out 90 min after ’acc or ’ign is switched off.
In fairness, I have not dug deep into it yet.
Maybe its possible thats easily changed thru software, perhaps simple wiring change ? I dunno...
For the related reason, My soon to arrive pickup, I did not order with upfitter switches.
But maybe will buy just the upfitterswitch panel as a sparepart.
Then just wire up its switches to whatever I want and, not be burdened with the OEM wiring & timers scheme.

Haven‘t done it, but there’s apparently a way to constantly run 5&6.

ttengineer

Adventurer
The plan with mine in my Ram 3500 is

1-E Locker rear
2-E locker front
3-Light bar
4-rock lights
5-compressor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BackcountryAggie

My Switch Pros in my F250 has the following:

1: BD LP6s (on order)
2: BD XL80s on A-pillar
3: open
4: BD S2 backup lights
5: open
6: ARB twin compressor
7: ARB front locker
8: ARB rear locker

Will most likely use 3 and 5 for more lights, possibly a backup camera.

ttengineer

Adventurer
Which E-Lockers? And when did you get a RAM? Link to the build?

I didn’t do a build page, there are way too many Ram ones to begin with.

I’ve had my 3500 since 2015, it’s a Limited CCSB with Ram boxes. Currently on 37s, but the plan is to go 40s.

For E-lockers, I haven’t decided yet.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I didn’t do a build page, there are way too many Ram ones to begin with.

I’ve had my 3500 since 2015, it’s a Limited CCSB with Ram boxes. Currently on 37s, but the plan is to go 40s.

For E-lockers, I haven’t decided yet.

Agreed, I haven't done one either for similar reasons. For some reason I thought you had a Chevy?!

ttengineer

Adventurer
Agreed, I haven't done one either for similar reasons. For some reason I thought you had a Chevy?!

Well …. I do. It’s a ‘99 2dr Tahoe.

My grandmother bought it for me when I was 16, I sold it 10 years later, then found it 10 years after that. Bought it back and I’m planning on rebuilding it for my son.

Currently it’s sitting under a cover in my driveway.

The plan, pay off my Ram in December, finish build on that by June ‘22, then put $500/month into the Tahoe for a few years so I can send it off to be done right (solid axle conversion, 4 link with coil overs, 5.9 with Allison 1000, fresh body work, and clean interior. I figure I can have it done by 2027.

Now if I can just convince my buddy to sell me his ‘90 FJ62 for my youngest son.

Zuber

I'm trying to find a locker for the front of my 2021 Ram 2500 Diesel. Apparently they changed the axle on the 2019-up models. Different spline count from the Power Wagon's 33.
Before that, you have the Eaton E-locker from the PW or an ARB.

I'd keep the factory limited slip in the back because of heavy loads and towing. It is available all the time and since it slips, ends up being a lot stronger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior