César Gómez
Canon EOS-3

2289444113_6a1f1c96f6_b.jpg

Olympus OM-10

2222410582_9b142728c6_b.jpg

Still looking for a decent Canon F-1

akphotobob

Observer
One thing I have to have in a DSLR is in-body stabilization. Having had it, I will never be without it. That leaves only sony and pentax as viable choices to my mind. I think the future is much brighter for Sony so Sony is my choice, but acknowledge that Pentax is making some great cameras and they have kept backward compatability with a huge number of excellant manual lenses.

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
Leica DMR's. I also work with another photographer who shoots Nikon, so I am way too familiar with D2x and D200 files and quirks.

I love the Leicas, they fit my needs, but dang are they heavy.

I shot Nikon years ago and switched to Canon in the mid-late 90's. Ultimately got frustrated with the overall system. I miss my MF Fujis.

Last edited:

cybercat

Adventurer
Canon 5D MkII, G9, and for the really fast moving objects Panasonic Ag- HVX200.

Last edited:

JackW

Explorer
Basically a Canon shooter - have been for over thirty years.

I sold off two F-1's and most of my FD lenses and bought a 20D with a couple of nice "L" lenses (need a couple of more still). I kept my first F-1 though just to have a good 35mm film body for some B&W stuff. I also kept my dad's old Hasselblad.

I also sold off a bunch of other cameras including 3 or 4 Speed Graphics, a Rolleiflex, two Rollei 35S pocket cameras, and some other stuff to fund the move to digital.

My "daily carry" camera is a Canon G5 - it's a very nice capable digital that takes great pictures. I like the Canon A series too for quick snapshots but if the G5 died I'd either buy another one or replace it with a G9.

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
It's always fascinating to see what the pros are using. The Luminous Landscape talked about it today. Check out this picture taken at the Olympics. Notice how there are a lot more black lenses (Nikon) then there are white (Canon). It used to be all white. It's interesting to see how quickly things change in the digital camera world.

photographers.jpg

Last edited:

SeaRubi

Explorer
I traded some other equipment I had for a Canon Elan 7 SLR, and have since acquired 3 lenses. I use a fabulous 24-105 IS zoom lens for the most part, donated to my growing interest in photography by a good friend. The combo is very good. I can't get over how easy this old Elan is to use with the big thumbwheel on the back. The autofocus seems pretty fast (to me), and it's a breeze to use. I secretly covet a 30D or 40D but won't be able to afford one for a long while.

While the SLR is nice it's bulky - I have a hankerin' to try out an old rangefinder of some kind to use for shooting street scenes here in NY.

I also like to play around with my cell phone - some times I get an interesting pic or two. It's only 1 megapixel but sure is fun to keep trying for a good snap!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke