What are you using for stabilizers/levelers on your trailer with a RTT?

shermantank55

Detail photos

Here are some jack specific photos-stowed, deployed, detail of attached nut, front jack and trailer set up. Very stable with the RTT. I was very concerned with stability as the sleeping platform is over 6' off the ground.:Wow1:

Attachments

• DSCN0791.jpg
    DSCN0791.jpg
    501.1 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCN0792.jpg
    DSCN0792.jpg
    525 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCN0793.jpg
    DSCN0793.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCN0794.jpg
    DSCN0794.jpg
    515.3 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCN0761.jpg
    DSCN0761.jpg
    573.6 KB · Views: 146

3d fj

Observer
^^^ Are these jacks removable? The mount stays behind but the jack can be stowed away somewhere?

DUH ME. the jack at the back is on the bottom and then on the top. ok. it's late here. i'm tired.

jah310

Adventurer
a2yzaruq.jpg
gysyzyze.jpg
ugy2yvad.jpg
e4e6azy6.jpg
tudune9e.jpg

This seems to work for me...

brentbba

Explorer
I'm going the same route and already ordered mine and exactly how you mentioned lowering the front was what I had planned too. My trailer frame sits 30" above the ground and its taken me along time to find something that will work without looking stupid and these you can just easily remove

Ditto - my SOA on my M101CDN is a full 28" pluss off the ground and the Valterra just didn't cut it. Fortunately, I tried one from a buddy and it was a no go. Will look into these as I'm just looking for stability and not leveling. I have to say tho, that I've spent two weekends in the trailer with tent on top without any rear stabilizer and haven't had an issue...yet!

luk4mud

Explorer
AT has an interesting concept. Anyone try this?

http://store.adventuretrailers.com/products/Trailer-Rear-Stabilizer.html

I would like to use welded on drop down jacks that also provide lift, like these:
http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Jack/Shelby/6108SW.html

But I want something lighter and that has a 25" or so reach. Not sure there is such a combo though. If not, I may go the basic perforated tube route, slightly lower the front to set the rear ones in place and then use the crank on the front to set those.

BoarderMX

Observer
AT has an interesting concept. Anyone try this?

http://store.adventuretrailers.com/products/Trailer-Rear-Stabilizer.html

I would like to use welded on drop down jacks that also provide lift, like these:
http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Jack/Shelby/6108SW.html

But I want something lighter and that has a 25" or so reach. Not sure there is such a combo though. If not, I may go the basic perforated tube route, slightly lower the front to set the rear ones in place and then use the crank on the front to set those.

Yes, I cobbled together a set using the AT concept for the front and rear. Very stable when uncoupled from the jeep. In hindsight or as a phase II mod would be to make them able to swing up under the frame and held with a quickfist clamp. Right now they are held in with a clevis pin for easy removal when traveling.

brentbba

Explorer
The AT link is for the Valterra system. It's a very good easy to use, easy to store system. Max usage is less than 28" though.

luk4mud

Explorer
The AT link is for the Valterra system. It's a very good easy to use, easy to store system. Max usage is less than 28" though.

Good to know, I did not know the name of it. I dont think 28" will do it for me consistently, I am going to to perforated tube route (cheap, light, permanent attachment and customizable) unless I see something better in the next few weeks.

Smksignals

Explorer

I bought one of those stabilizers from AT for my M416 and it worked good. I thought is was some kind of custom item AT created and drove 35-40 miles each way to purchase when they were in the Inland Empire. It came in the manufactures box and it was made and distributed by 'WaynesRVStabilizer.com'. When I got home I punched in the website and to my surprise I could of bought the stabilizer direct for $39.00 w/ Free Shipping. I just spend $80.00. Needless to say I was a little upset. Camping World has these currently for $50.00 if you're looking....

luk4mud

Explorer
I bought one of those stabilizers from AT for my M416 and it worked good. I thought is was some kind of custom item AT created and drove 35-40 miles each way to purchase when they were in the Inland Empire. It came in the manufactures box and it was made and distributed by 'WaynesRVStabilizer.com'. When I got home I punched in the website and to my surprise I could of bought the stabilizer direct for $39.00 w/ Free Shipping. I just spend $80.00. Needless to say I was a little upset. Camping World has these currently for $50.00 if you're looking....

Do you happen to have a link to the CW one? Just looked at their website and I don't see it.

brentbba

Explorer
I'm going the same route and already ordered mine and exactly how you mentioned lowering the front was what I had planned too. My trailer frame sits 30" above the ground and its taken me along time to find something that will work without looking stupid and these you can just easily remove

Have you received and tried these yet? 2 pack for less than $70 and rated at 10,000lbs? Video certainly makes them look easy and adjusttable to a height that would even accomodate the occasional uneven ground as support. eTrailer does point out these aren't to be used for leveling, just support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles