What are you getting your kids for Christmas thread?

fowldarr

Explorer
Alright, Black Friday is tomorrow, which is a day when most of us will hole up in our homes and do our best to avoid interactions with the general public. My question is, are you guys getting anything expo or camping related for Christmas?

My oldest is getting a ruger 10 22, with some clips and ammo
The second one wants an ax...still trying to sell mom on that one. ( yes we take an ax, and we have had many opportunities to use it.
The third one is getting a new sleeping bag because he outgrew his Kelly kids bag
The fourth is only going to be three months old....

jgolden

Adventurer
Lets see...
I have 3 boys. 6 yr, 4 yr, 2 yr and #4 boy due a week before Xmas.
The coolest gift for them is my fixed up 2000 xr 50 kids dirt bike as a "dad to kids" gift. It was my little pitbike when I use to go to the desert alot. Its Not from Santa because they already know I own it. But now it's theirs, not mine.
Also,
Used Legos off ebay
Penny skateboard (these are pretty cool)
I forgot, I bought a set of used kids Troy lee moto gear at Salvation Army for $12.00.
I'm sure my wife bought some new, shiny Chinese toys that'll be broken, lost or ruined by summer.
The used motorcycle, moto gear and Legos will be around for 10 more years!!!

Shortpipes

KD0TRP
My kids are getting a few solar rechargeable lights from expeditionops.com for in the tents, and I'm getting my girlfriends boys new sleeping bags. I can't wait to get out to the woods.

sisu

Adventurer
I went to a friend's business a few month ago and helped make 5 long bows plus arrows that were spined for the light weight bows. Their poundage varies from 12 to 18 lb pull. 4 are very long for the wee children but that is OK as the bows are show at a cant anyway. These are for our 5 grand children.bow 6.jpg

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
I went to a friend's business a few month ago and helped make 5 long bows plus arrows that were spined for the light weight bows. Their poundage varies from 12 to 18 lb pull. 4 are very long for the wee children but that is OK as the bows are show at a cant anyway. These are for our 5 grand children.

That is awesome!

My oldest (22) is getting cash, and a Barnes & Noble gift card.

Youngest (11) is getting some Lego's, and something for the Wii game.

Just got him his own tent, cot and sleeping bag last spring.

Hoping to get him a decent headlamp, but we'll see, I think my in-laws are getting him that.

His 'Big' gift is a new Weatherby 20 guage semi auto youth. Very light, nice shooting shotty.

Colonal Angus

Adventurer
Lets see...
I have 3 boys. 6 yr, 4 yr, 2 yr and #4 boy due a week before Xmas.
The coolest gift for them is my fixed up 2000 xr 50 kids dirt bike as a "dad to kids" gift. It was my little pitbike when I use to go to the desert alot. Its Not from Santa because they already know I own it. But now it's theirs, not mine.
Also,
Used Legos off ebay
Penny skateboard (these are pretty cool)
I forgot, I bought a set of used kids Troy lee moto gear at Salvation Army for $12.00.
I'm sure my wife bought some new, shiny Chinese toys that'll be broken, lost or ruined by summer.
The used motorcycle, moto gear and Legos will be around for 10 more years!!!

My oldest (4yo) is getting a Penny skateboard (I think built in OZ?). I grew up skating and thought it was pretty awesome that he wanted a skateboard already. I think Santas bringing him the black one with rasta undercarriage. He's also getting his own Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Hammock and GT adjustable camp pillow. If you guys are looking for a fairly inexpensive last minute Chilristmas gift...look at the GT hammock. My kids LOVE mine.

My youngest (2yo), is getting a Dueter Kids Starlight EXP sleeping bag and a GT adjustable camp pillow. Gransfors Bruks wildlife hatchet and a camp kitchen set (plates, bowls, silverware, etc) he can dig with them, wash em, eat off of em, keep em forever.

Santas bringing both boys a woven rope swing to share for the backyard.

Since Santa quit visiting the Col. I had to buy myself a new Kodiak 10x10 (really purchased for the entire family).

Ramjet

Explorer
My oldest (4yo) is getting a Penny skateboard (I think built in OZ?). I grew up skating and thought it was pretty awesome that he wanted a skateboard already. I think Santas bringing him the black one with rasta undercarriage. He's also getting his own Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Hammock and GT adjustable camp pillow. If you guys are looking for a fairly inexpensive last minute Chilristmas gift...look at the GT hammock. My kids LOVE mine.

My youngest (2yo), is getting a Dueter Kids Starlight EXP sleeping bag and a GT adjustable camp pillow. Gransfors Bruks wildlife hatchet and a camp kitchen set (plates, bowls, silverware, etc) he can dig with them, wash em, eat off of em, keep em forever.

Santas bringing both boys a woven rope swing to share for the backyard.

Since Santa quit visiting the Col. I had to buy myself a new Kodiak 10x10 (really purchased for the entire family).

Santa will always believe in those that serve. From my Army family to your, Sir. Happy Holidays. God Bless.

Colonal Angus

Adventurer
Ramjet, that's very kind so I must come clean...I'm no Colonel. Colonel Angus was from an SNL skit a few years back with Christopher Walken. I thought the name was hilarious so I use it as my handle on forums. I didn't intend to deceive anyone. I am a very proud American and would do anything for my beloved Country and if you still wish me and my family Happy Holidays, I'd like to return the gesture...Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

Thank You!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online