What about engine powerstroke 6 liters?

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
The term "BulletProofed" arises from the modifications, improvements and parts upgrades created by and marketed by Bullet Proof Diesel (https://www.bulletproofdiesel.com/). Now EVERYONE uses the term "Bullet Proofed" to describe any upgrades anyone has ever made to their 6.0 equipped Ford truck no matter where the parts came from. RARELY have all the proper and needed upgrades been performed in TOTAL most by individuals to truly "Bullet Proof" their 6.0 diesel engine .

Why???

Because it's EXPENSIVE!!!

EVERYONE with a 6.0 equipped Ford truck for sale always uses the term "Bullet Proofed" in their For Sale Ad without any real knowledge of what was involved to truly "Bullet Proof" their 6.0 diesel engine, what parts have been installed or which modifications that have or have not been completed. That's why YOU have heard several posters above tell you to ask for specific and detailed documentation of proof of the complete actual "Bullet Proof" upgrade being installed on the truck you are considering purchasing.

IF the 6.0 in the truck you are considering purchasing truly has been fully updated (Bullet Proofed) as shown in the video above by Bullet Proof Diesel you will have a good 6.0 diesel engine with LOT'S of power and great longevity. Anything short of completing all the needed upgrades shown in the video with the seller just telling you the 6.0 has been "Bullet Proofed" with no documentation of the work the seller is Bull Schitting YOU TO SELL YOU a Problematic 6.0 Diesel equipped Ford truck.

Last edited:

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I was pretty sure it meant “I got mad enough to shoot at it...and nothing changed! Must be bullet proof”

Been there... not quite done that... but I did have a few moments when I wished it would catch fire and burn down completely!

wirenut

Adventurer
I understand that 6.4 with 350 hp of 2010 have the same problem?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
The 6.4 was worse than the 6.0 in terms of complexity, repair cost, and fuel mileage. It was slightly better in reliability. Overall, it's not an engine I would recommend. If you really want a Ford diesel (particularly in Spain) I would either get an old 7.3L or a new 6.7L; skip the two problematic engines in between. If you want something newer than a 7.3 or cheaper than a 6.7 I would take a look at RAM or GM diesel trucks. The GM Duramax was about as perfect as you could get from 2006 on. The RAM with the Cummins has also been excellent but get one with either a manual or a 6 speed auto. The older 4 speed auto was the worst part about those trucks.

abulbeka

I understand that 6.4 with 350 hp of 2010 have the same problem?

The 6.4 was worse than the 6.0 in terms of complexity, repair cost, and fuel mileage. It was slightly better in reliability. Overall, it's not an engine I would recommend. If you really want a Ford diesel (particularly in Spain) I would either get an old 7.3L or a new 6.7L; skip the two problematic engines in between. If you want something newer than a 7.3 or cheaper than a 6.7 I would take a look at RAM or GM diesel trucks. The GM Duramax was about as perfect as you could get from 2006 on. The RAM with the Cummins has also been excellent but get one with either a manual or a 6 speed auto. The older 4 speed auto was the worst part about those trucks.

Thanks...looks like that my first option must be the 7.3

Definitely find a good 7.3L. Great trucks, plenty of power unless you want to haul more than 10,000 lbs. Reliable and easy to fix. They are great trucks and will often go 500,000 miles on a well maintained motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FordGuy1

Adventurer
Howdy,
Any good known diesel mechanics/shops in SoCal you've dealt with?
Yes, my guy's. I have two awesome 6.0l tech's. The key is being willing to spend what it takes to do it right. I have redone probably 50 head-gasket jobs that were supposedly done by bullet proof experts, just hack jobs, did not even now how to properly clean the deck and heads. Find a really good tech.

Explorerinil

Observer
Definitely find a good 7.3L. Great trucks, plenty of power unless you want to haul more than 10,000 lbs. Reliable and easy to fix. They are great trucks and will often go 500,000 miles on a well maintained motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes I agree! My buddy bought one new in 2001 and still has it, low mileage garage kept. I will say it’s a complete dog and barely starts below 30 degrees but it’s been pretty reliable. Not near 12v cummins reliable, but the next best thing. He has only had his serviced at a lock ford stealership and it’s all stock.

abulbeka

Hello. I come back with another option.
How good is 2005 engine HEMI 5.7 V8 MAGNUM?
I found a good RAM 3500 with 100K miles

Darwin

Explorer
No such thing as "bulletproofing" especially when it comes to a 6.0 liter. It's a marketing gimmick.

UHAULER

Explorer
I used to drive an 05 Dodge 2500 4wd hemi for work. Used it for about 10 years, No problems. I would rather have a hemi than a 6.0

Hello. I come back with another option.
How good is 2005 engine HEMI 5.7 V8 MAGNUM?
I found a good RAM 3500 with 100K miles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles